Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ads.tasker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2021
Hey all!

This is a Apple Numbers related question.

Where i work, we manage the keys and alarm codes for multiple properties over the local government area. We have contractors and employee's coming daily to collect multiple sets of keys and alarm codes for our buildings. We currently keep track of who has the keys for which building on a piece of paper, which gets real messy. i want to utilise an ipad to do this for us.

I was hoping to load every building into a numbers sheet. The details we record are -

1. Building Number
2. Building Name
3. Person/company name.
4. Date picked up.
5. Date returned

When we give the person the keys, we also hand write the alarm code onto a post-it note and give that to them with the keys.

What i am hoping to achieve -

- A Pages Sheet with all the buildings in it, a checkbox next to each bulding, a contact name, a pickup date and a return date. (see below for a sample table)
- I am hoping that when i select the checkbox, which would indicate that the keys are out with someone, it could automatically record the date they are given out and shade the row red.
- When the checkbox is selected, it automatically produces a little docket, with the aid of a little thermal printer, with the alarm code and the access key number.

CheckboxKey NumberBuilding NameKey Issued ByKeys Issued ToDate TakenReturned ByReturned Date
Insert Text Box123Leisure CentreA.TaskerJ.Smith1/1/2021J.Smith23/1/2021

Thanks heaps!
Adam

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I would use a database, rather than a spread sheet. I would assume you want to trak who has the keys, and if they were returned? And possibly go back and see who had the keys 6 months ago from 3pm to 4:30pm? A spread sheet could get pretty unwieldy after a while. You could even, potentially, setup a website, or a link on an intranet to go to the database and enter information, like requests, and even potentially allow people that have the keys to enter notes of what they saw did, etc...

Just a thought...

So often what a database can do a spreadsheet could do better, but for lots of data, and the flexibility to view it, and potentially report on it, etc, a database is head and shoulders better.

Reactions: ads.tasker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.