Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Do Apple official watch bands ever go on sale? I saw nothing on black friday or Cyber Monday.
Directly from Apple? Never. Third-party sellers like Target, Walmart, and Best Buy (IIRC) will frequently discount the remaining colors of a "season", around the end of that season, but that's hit-or-miss. Beyond that, /r/AppleBandMarket or eBay will frequently turn up "new in box" (occasionally unopened) bands. (On eBay you have to be wary of sellers who use Apple's original photos to advertise, then actually ship cheap silicone knockoff bands.)

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
just looking basically a yes/no or possibly the best time/place to look. Not looking to go through 186 pages of reading material...but thanks anyway

If you see a band that you really want, buy it. Do not wait for it to go on sale unless you want the possible heartbreak of never getting it at retail prices. There is a long list of folks, including me, who wish they had the Ultra Violet band. I have a few others I wish I'd have purchased but wasn't fast enough. Hyper Grape and Dragonfruit are two recent and popular examples which sold out faster than some of the others. End of season sales do happen. Some of them can be quite good but you're rolling the dice with which ones will be left and on sale.

As an aside, Best Buy had a whopping $4 savings on some Apple Sport Loops on Cyber Monday.

Last edited:

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Not sure if this is for everyone, but noticed in my Best Buy "my rewards" Apple watch bands are all 20% off currently.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
I've seen some discounted brand new Apple Watch bands on Amazon. The stock highly fluctuates hence you aren't guaranteed to get the one you want tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.