Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeblough

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
what is your experience with transitioning to apple one? i had/have the following subs:

250gb icloud storage
apple music family
apple news+
apple TV+ (free extension from purchase last year)
apple fitness+ (free trial from apple watch purchase this year)
apple arcade (free trial)

given the fact that the storage+music+news cost just about what the apple one premier cost, i planned to switch to apple one after it became available. i had tried to time the switch to apple one based on when apple TV+ and apple arcade were expiring. clearly appleTV+ is still going be free but i didn't know that on january 10th, when i subscribed. anyway, the storage increased to 2TB immediately but aside from that "nothing" happened because all of those existing subscriptions are not eligible for a trial apple one subscription - it seems the first month is a mandatory trial.

so, i got charged another month of music, apple arcade and apple news. i guess this all came out in the wash since those 3 = $30. but the point of all of this was to try to roll in the expiring apple arcade subscription into apple one, and i failed.

the whole thing is pretty confusing and feels a little scammy. i wonder if they will refund a prorated amount for these individual subscriptions when apple one kicks in, because the purchase dates don't all line up with each other.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Hi, Over here in the UK people on AV Forums say that you still get the free trial (I have ATV free until July). They say they've received emails from Apple saying they're to get a £4.99 discount each month.

I've been on to Apple 3 times today and finally been told that this is correct. I asked them to send me the information where it says this but they only sent information about iCloud storage. So it's pretty safe to say you'll still get your free trials but it's still not 100% certain? Anyone else here have any info?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.