Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I'm trying to get Apple One working with my Verizon One Unlimited plan. I've switched three days ago and so far no Apple One

Here are the details

The plan I had before included Apple Music and Apple Arcade. Right after I changed plans I got an email from Apple saying my "Apple Arcade Subscription - Included with your Verizon plan" has expired. I expected this since I changed plans. What I didn't get is any indication that my Apple Music subscription has expired and it still works.

I went on the Verizon app and did the steps to activate it and after I checked the box to accept terms and conditions I get a message saying "We encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again later." I'll go check maybe an hour later and it shows it as "Active" so I guess there was some type of delay but it went through because that process is no longer available to me. I've removed and re-added it so I've done this multiple times.

At this point I'm left with a page that shows it as "Active" then below that is "Setup your Apple One account." and below that is " Select a line to continue setting up Apple Arcade with:" then a checkbox with my number. Why Apple Arcade under a setup process for Apple One I don't know... I've done the same process multiple times in the Verizon app, Chrome web browser on the iPhone (it won’t load in Safari), Firefox and Safari web browsers on my Mac, and also restarted my phone multiple times.

When I check that box to send the text for "Apple Arcade" it sends me a link. When I click on this link, a pop-up shows offering me to subscribe to Apple One. There is no included with plan option because it wants to charge me the subscription for me to go further. If I try to launch an Apple Arcade game I have installed it pops up asking for me to subscribe to Apple Arcade so I'm sure my Apple One subscription is not active on my Apple ID.

I'm asking on here because Verizon overseas customer support people are super nice and but completely clueless. I've had multiple representatives tell me I need to install the Apple One app. I try to explain them to explain to them there is no Apple One app then I have to explain to them what Apple One is. The first 20 minutes of my phone call is me trying to educate them about what it is and them reading their screen trying to understand it. I've had them remotely connect to my phone and walk me through the steps that I have done multiple times before. One said perhaps my Verizon online account is somehow bugged so she completely deleted my account (The online account not my actual Verizon account), and I had to register for a new one.

I went to a Verizon store and they said they were unable to help me and said any kind of technical support has to be done over the phone with Verizon

I called Apple and they confirmed that my Apple Music subscription through Verizon is still active. He didn't think that would block an Apple One subscription on their end, but they said it might on Verizon’s end but he wasn't really sure. He said he couldn't really help me because it had to be Verizon that did the thing on their end.

Tomorrow will be day four and they are supposed to call me back. I was hoping someone here had a similar situation so maybe I can walk them through what they need to do to get this fixed.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
OK this is finally resolved.

This morning I noticed I had an email from Verizon saying my Apple Music subscription was canceled. I remembered the guy from Apple saying that perhaps that was causing a problem. I went on the Verizon app, then to manage apps and add-ons, I clicked, manage the Apple one subscription and then clicked on remove. After that, I searched for the Apple one, and did the process again for to re-enroll my line into Apple One. This time a checkbox appeared to send a text to enroll in Apple One.. I did that, got the text, click the link in the text, and a pop-up appeared saying Apple One is included with my plan. All of the Apple One services work now.

It looks like Verizon still offers a plan with the Apple One so if you're reading this in the future and are having problems, my suggestion is Verizon needs to cancel whatever components of Apple One (Apple Music, Arcade) you had with your old plan before Apple One will activate. I don't know if they can do this manually or it just has to take time like in my case.

For some reason that Apple Arcade check box is there when I go back to look at it again, but Apple Arcade is working, so I'm guessing this is just a glitch in Verizon's system from my previous plan.

At no point was Verizon customer support helpful at all. Even the guy called this morning didn't know what the "One Unlimited plan" or Apple One was... I don't expect Verizon's overseas customer support to have iPhones but they should be trained to have a basic understanding of their plans. It puts the customer and the customer support person in a bad situation. I can't even fault them because it's not their fault Verizon doesn't have proper training.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.