Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HMI

Contributor
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Hi, I'm a new Apple One Subscriber, and I've never bothered to setup any family sharing before.

So far, it appears that when I try to share just one apple service (such as News+ or Fitness+) with my family, Apple tries to share all of their other Apple One services as well. I can't use this option, because I don't want Apple Music to change my family's music libraries.

Any suggestions on what I might do?

I appreciate any and all help!

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
With family sharing, each member of your family will by default retain their individual music library, app library, etc.

You can change that - see this thread - but the default is for everything to be kept separate.

HMI

Contributor
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Thanks.

My family has a bunch of old cds they purchased years ago and added it to iTunes Match, along with a bunch of playlists.

They want their current library and playlists to remain untouched after switching to Apple Music.

My impression is that after starting Apple Music, one pretty much must start again with a blank slate and recreate their old library and playlists again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.