Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
UK
So I had a subscription to the Apple one premier plan. It was supposed to be renewed yesterday. However the card that I have registered to my account has expired and I forgot to add a new one before the subscription expired. I’ve now added a new card and tried to re-subscribe with the new payment method and it keeps giving me an error message about the service being modified. All my services are still active but I’m worried that they will stop working and I won’t be able to access the services because I seem unable to re-subscribe. I’m most worried about my iCloud photos. I do have them backed up elsewhere but I don’t want to loose the iCloud storage space and have to mess about re-uploading them.

EDIT: I contacted Apple support and it’s been fixed. I had a 30 day grace period anyway so I had plenty of time to sort it out. I was just worried about my pictures in iCloud.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2022
Glad you were able to get it sorted out. The grace period makes sense, gives people plenty of time to resolve credit card issues without risking data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.