Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brewno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada
For years, paid Apple Music + 200Gb of storage. Saw in the news Apple One was available in Canada. So:

Nov 3 -> subscribed to Apple One Premier (top choice, 2Tb).

Dec 1st -> Got charged 2.99+tax for 200Gb (old plan)

Dec 1st -> Got charged 14.99+tax for Family Apple Music (old plan)

Dec 3rd -> Got charged 33.95+tax for Apple One Premier.

Still see no 2Tb on my plan (and it was paid for), and it says if I want to upgrade I should pay 12.99+tax.... what??? what???????????

When I checked my subscriptions, it says Premier. But there's no benefits attached to it even after being charged (free month's over).
Anyone has a clue of what to do? Apple support is also clueless...

cmonkey1976

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
UK
For years, paid Apple Music + 200Gb of storage. Saw in the news Apple One was available in Canada. So:

Nov 3 -> subscribed to Apple One Premier (top choice, 2Tb).

Dec 1st -> Got charged 2.99+tax for 200Gb (old plan)

Dec 1st -> Got charged 14.99+tax for Family Apple Music (old plan)

Dec 3rd -> Got charged 33.95+tax for Apple One Premier.

Still see no 2Tb on my plan (and it was paid for), and it says if I want to upgrade I should pay 12.99+tax.... what??? what???????????

When I checked my subscriptions, it says Premier. But there's no benefits attached to it even after being charged (free month's over).
Anyone has a clue of what to do? Apple support is also clueless...

I can only say what my experience is in the UK...

I signed up for Apple One Premier the day it was released (to replace Family shared Apple Music, and also the increased iCloud storage (not family shared)....

payments were...

(Pre Apple One)
6th Oct - iCloud Storage
29th Oct - Apple Music

Signed up for Apple One Premier, storage immediately showed 2tb iCloud storage on UK release date (30th Oct)

30th Oct - pro rata refund of iCloud storage
29th Nov - Apple Music (?!)
30th Nov - Apple One Premier
30th Nov - Refund of Apple One Premier
30th Nov - AppleOne Premier
2nd Dec - Refund of Apple Music

Does it not show 2TB if you go to settings on your iPhone and click your name and look at iCloud?
What does it show if you go settings, your name, subscriptions and tap on Apple One?

was it definitely your account that originally signed up for the family sharing on your old plan?

The only odd thing (now) on mine is if I go via the AppleStore app and look at Services it shows...

Active Services:
iCloud
Music
TV+
News+

Available Services:
Arcade (?!!!)

not sure why Arcade isn’t in the Active Services - it does work fine.

I think there are a fair few bugs to be worked on with Apple One subscriptions.

yourmn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
United Kingdom
When you sign up to Apple One, it tells you to go into settings to decide which of your Apple ID's to use the 2TB storage plan for - did you do that?

Reactions: brewno
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.