Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i_like_frappuccino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
Hey community!

I strongly believe that for most writing-related activities, Apple Pages is more than enough. In fact, I've made it a part of our company culture to use the most lightweight tools instead of overly complex ones, so we're using the entire Apple Office Suite productively - and most of us are loving it. It's like decluttering your workflow.

A couple of weeks ago we got a bunch of 49" ultra-wide-screen monitors. We used to work on internal MacBook Pro 16" screens before, now we're going bigger.

But now we're facing a problem: apparently there is no way to display more than two pages side-by-side when working in Apple Pages - we'd need five or six to make use of our beautiful new screens. In MS Office, I can simply use the zoom slider to display everything from one page to literally dozens - Pages, however, seems to limit me to two pages at once.

Is there a function I haven't found yet? Or is Pages really that limited in terms of its page view concept?

I'd greatly appreciate any kind of reply. Have a great Sunday, folks!

J

Reactions: ignatius345

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009

i_like_frappuccino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply! I'll take a look at LibreOffice for the future. For now we've moved to MS Office, but it's so bloated it makes me unhappy. We'll see.

Two pages only. What a strange and unnecessary limitation that is...

Cyby-CyberDog

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2021
Well, I might be misunderstanding the question. But the added screenshot, for expample, shows 12 Pages documents opened at the same time on one display. Just move and resize the document windows to get the view you need!

Open all the documents you need by double clicking on the file or using Archief Open (Dutch interface).

1712999931033.png

apple fan23

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2022
Ah but those are separate windows, or even separate documents. We want something like this.
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 10.45.37.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.