Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THX5491

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2021
Having trouble with my Apple iMac G4 1.25 20" "FP" (USB 2.0) M9290LL/A - PowerMac6,3 - A1065

Sometimes starting, pressing the button, works sometimes not. At a certain point it was mostly not
Repair service looked the iMac over and said that the Power Supply was not functioning correctly. At that time they could not find replacememnt power supply. So I let it go for a while.
But still poor dead iMac’s black screen hanging sadly from its silvery arm prays to be resurrected.
(Was most beautifully designed machine as I am 185cm and my wife 155cm. So the movablity of the screen was a great plus for us)

Anyway, anyway, looking for replacement; it seems that I need Apple Part 3661-3104. But I am totally new to these matters so can anybody please confirm that this is the correct part number.
Or correct me of course and provide me with the correct part number.

I have found several offers on the internet mentioning a variety of prices some reasonble, some pretty stiff.
Between, let’s say roughly $ 50,00 - $ 300. All are refurbished.

But what is reliable company to buy from? Anybody any experience with these matters, as I have to order from abroad.
In my country The Netherlands I have no luck.

Many Thanks in advance & A Great Healthy New Mac Year to all!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.