Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcschwartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Tuscaloosa, AL
  • Apple Pay cards might remain suspended after a device exits Lost Mode.
I know this is listed as a known issue on the developer site, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue or found a work-around for it.
The issue started for me when I changed my password for my iCloud account. After signing back in, ApplePay on my iPhone and Apple Watch would not work. I can not add my cards back or activate Apple Cash.
I was able to add all cards and Apple Cash back on my iPad running iPadOS, just not the watch and phone.
I was hoping beta 2 would be the answer, but it appears not.

Also want to add, when I add cards, they fail to add to my Wallet, but in a few hours, I get emails from my card issuers saying my cards are not setup for ApplePay.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
  • Apple Pay cards might remain suspended after a device exits Lost Mode.
I know this is listed as a known issue on the developer site, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue or found a work-around for it.
The issue started for me when I changed my password for my iCloud account. After signing back in, ApplePay on my iPhone and Apple Watch would not work. I can not add my cards back or activate Apple Cash.
I was able to add all cards and Apple Cash back on my iPad running iPadOS, just not the watch and phone.
I was hoping beta 2 would be the answer, but it appears not.

Also want to add, when I add cards, they fail to add to my Wallet, but in a few hours, I get emails from my card issuers saying my cards are not setup for ApplePay.
I suggest you downgrade your watch and iPhone back to the last public version of iOS and watch OS, that being iOS 12.3.1 and watchOS 5.3 respectively.

It sounds like what you're experiencing on those devices may be a problem related to the iOS 13 beta, which is why it is never recommended to install any beta software on a main or daily driver device. If it is a beta related problem, you should be able to restore Apple Pay functionality to your iPhone and Apple Watch once they're running the latest version that was publicly released. Changing the iCloud password should not be blocking your Apple Pay cards under normal circumstances, but it is the kind of problem you might get from beta software. Especially from early beta versions.

jcschwartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Tuscaloosa, AL
Update on this issue: Called Apple support and they ran diagnostics on my phone and found the Apple Pay chip was no longer working. So I went to the Apple Store and they swapped the phone and it's working fine. The watch was still having the issue, so I chatted into support. They ran diagnostics on the watch and it came back with the same error the phone had; bad Apple Pay chip! So I have a new watch on it's way to me as well.
The 2nd tech said this is a rare issue, but for both devices to go out at the same time is unheard of. No idea if it is in any way related to iOS 13 or just a very odd coincidence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.