Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUQRU

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
***WITSEC***
I cannot figure out how to get Apple Pay to work on my M1 iMac with macOS Ventura 13.0.
As you can see all updates are set to automatic.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 6.16.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 6.17.21 AM.png

RUQRU

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
***WITSEC***
Toggle on/off "Install Security Responses and System Files" requests your password.
That fixed the issue.
2022-11-09_09-18-22.png

Last edited:

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
Given that you are running the new OS, I would check with Apple Pay support. Having had two family members scammed (one Id theft, and the other fraud charges on card) I am cautious with these type of issues on the computer. That said I noted that in Monterey the selection are check boxes, not on/off sliders. Not a big deal but I would have someone running Monterey confirm that their screen is showing the same type of buttons.

The only other thing I can think of is turning off the install selection, then reboot and turning it back on after reboot to see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: RUQRU

RUQRU

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
***WITSEC***
Given that you are running the new OS, I would check with Apple Pay support. Having had two family members scammed (one Id theft, and the other fraud charges on card) I am cautious with these type of issues on the computer. That said I noted that in Monterey the selection are check boxes, not on/off sliders. Not a big deal but I would have someone running Monterey confirm that their screen is showing the same type of buttons.

The only other thing I can think of is turning off the install selection, then reboot and turning it back on after reboot to see if that makes a difference.
As noted above issue is fixed.

Reactions: mmkerc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.