Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I'm kind of at my wits end with this one.

A while back I was using an email address with Apple Pay that I have stopped using.

In both my iPhone and Apple Watch under Wallet -> Email I have updated this email to one I still use, however every time I check out with Apple Pay the email that comes up is the old one. It doesn't appear that in Ventura there is anywhere it gets set, so I can't figure out if there's a setting on my Mac that is also affecting this.

Is there another place this gets set? It's rather frustrating and I've wasted far too much time trying to figure this out.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
It is happening to me as well, and I am just waiting for the day that I accidentally order something and have it sent to the wrong address because of this.

I have done all the things I could find on the internet on changing the address on Apple Pay, and it still shows my old address sometimes.

That is another thing, it only happens sometimes, so very hard to reproduce when you need to if it only does it 1 out of every 10 times.

There should be an easier process for this. I couldn't believe how many different places Apple keeps your address in. Not sure why there isn't a central place to change your address that is linked to your account, or maybe a place that you can do a mass change on all the other places that Apple uses your address.

If you figure it out, post it on here so others, like myself, can give it a try.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
This is a little older post with the same kind of problem that might be helpful.

Thanks for the reply, that didn't really seem to have any info other than what is already available on Apple support pages about changing the email address in the wallet, which I have already done.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
It is happening to me as well, and I am just waiting for the day that I accidentally order something and have it sent to the wrong address because of this.

I have done all the things I could find on the internet on changing the address on Apple Pay, and it still shows my old address sometimes.

That is another thing, it only happens sometimes, so very hard to reproduce when you need to if it only does it 1 out of every 10 times.

There should be an easier process for this. I couldn't believe how many different places Apple keeps your address in. Not sure why there isn't a central place to change your address that is linked to your account, or maybe a place that you can do a mass change on all the other places that Apple uses your address.

If you figure it out, post it on here so others, like myself, can give it a try.
Yes, I think you've hit it on the head. MacOS/iPadOS/iOS and even Watch OS have this information and it's not clear that there is a central source of truth being used as the reference for all of it.

Considering this is payment info we are providing and that Apple benefits financially from us using Apple Pay you'd think there would at least be a way to open a support ticket with them about this stuff... but no.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
Long time user of Apple Pay here, using it at absolutely every place I possibly could. Then I moved and no matter what I do, Apple Pay cannot get my new address right.

As a result, I stopped using Apple Pay. It just too tiring to always have to correct my address whenever I use Apple Pay. Useless.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Long time user of Apple Pay here, using it at absolutely every place I possibly could. Then I moved and no matter what I do, Apple Pay cannot get my new address right.

As a result, I stopped using Apple Pay. It just too tiring to always have to correct my address whenever I use Apple Pay. Useless.
Never had issues with AP, but Apple Card is another story. And it's only certain merchants where I still need to use the old address. And support is useless

Mikec2001

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2023
I'm kind of at my wits end with this one.

A while back I was using an email address with Apple Pay that I have stopped using.

In both my iPhone and Apple Watch under Wallet -> Email I have updated this email to one I still use, however every time I check out with Apple Pay the email that comes up is the old one. It doesn't appear that in Ventura there is anywhere it gets set, so I can't figure out if there's a setting on my Mac that is also affecting this.

Is there another place this gets set? It's rather frustrating and I've wasted far too much time trying to figure this out.
Been struggling with this. Today logged into icloud in the browser. Under account details i had a notification email address. - it was set to the rogue one! Would not let me change it to the same as my apple id. So i just removed it

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
Been struggling with this. Today logged into icloud in the browser. Under account details i had a notification email address. - it was set to the rogue one! Would not let me change it to the same as my apple id. So i just removed it

I don't see any account details at icloud.com. No where can i find my address. Apple Pay constantly gives the wrong address so I've given up ever using Apple Pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.