Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidf18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
I pay with Apple Pay on my series 6 watch, much more convenient than using iPhones and having to type in 6 digit codes since FaceID doesn't work with masks. With the watch, when you put it on you must enter a 4 digit code, but not afterwards when you pay.

Twice this morning in businesses within 5 mins of my house and work, Citibank disconnected the Apple Pay but not the card behind it. Citibank even sends an email but with an incorrect phone number, so they transfer you to a different person. I got it restored and then 1/2 hour later the Apple Pay got disconnected again.

I had this problem a year ago and 2 years ago and Apple Pay people at Apple said it was an error in the fraud detection algorithm at MasterCard and to tell Citibank to report the error to MasterCard.

It is frustrating to me that ApplePay is disconnected, but not the backing card, since the ApplePay is far more secure to use giving only a token and not the actual CC number.

Is there a way to contact Apple to ensure that the people who use their Apple Pay (eg, MasterCard, Visa, banks like Citbank) fix the bugs in their fraud detection algorithms?

As I said, Citibank doesn't even send the correct phone number in the email to call when there is a problem with Apple Pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.