Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guicane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Hi all, I have fresh installed iOS9 GM this weekend and everything is as expected apart from Apple Pay. I have readded the cards but having zero luck using it on the phone.

I double tab the home button on lock screen or manually open Wallet.app then I get asked for TouchID which I do use but then I get the following message as you can see on the picture.

I went to settings and made sure everything is properly setup and it's no different from iOS8 when it worked flawlessly.

Apple Pay works fine on the Watch (Watch is NOT on WatchOS2).

Any ideas?! Thank you!

Attachments

• 5ftwSKg.jpg
    5ftwSKg.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 229

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
It's not working while out at a supported merchant, at all? The only issue I'm having is the double-click from lock screen not working at all (on 9.1)...Apple pay itself is working fine though on my end.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Tried it today with Discover card, didn't work.
I got the notification on phone "Done" or whatever it was, but then the terminal had a problem and the transaction didn't go through.
Don't know if it was the Discover card on Apple pay, IOS 9 or merchant.
I was able to transact using my physical discover card, so at least I know that that was not the problem

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Hi all, I have fresh installed iOS9 GM this weekend and everything is as expected apart from Apple Pay. I have readded the cards but having zero luck using it on the phone.

I double tab the home button on lock screen or manually open Wallet.app then I get asked for TouchID which I do use but then I get the following message as you can see on the picture.

I went to settings and made sure everything is properly setup and it's no different from iOS8 when it worked flawlessly.

Apple Pay works fine on the Watch (Watch is NOT on WatchOS2).

Any ideas?! Thank you!
Remove your card from Apple Pay and re-add it. I had this issue when upgrading to the GM and adding my cards again fixed it.

Reactions: Zcott

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2007
Tried it today with Discover card, didn't work.
I got the notification on phone "Done" or whatever it was, but then the terminal had a problem and the transaction didn't go through.
Don't know if it was the Discover card on Apple pay, IOS 9 or merchant.
I was able to transact using my physical discover card, so at least I know that that was not the problem

Same with me. Discover. iOS 9.0. Phone shows the succeeds checkmark thing and dings like the transaction has worked but cashier says nope.

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Same with me. Discover. iOS 9.0. Phone shows the succeeds checkmark thing and dings like the transaction has worked but cashier says nope.

I had 3 issues with Apple Pay and my Discover Card. Did not work at Bloomingdales, Macy's, or Dinsey. I did get it to work at American Eagle. Amex worked fine at the other merchants. Can't add Discover card to my watch since watch OS2 isn't available yet. I tried deleting and adding, send a message to Discover. Kind of disappointed the purchases won't count towards 10% cash back offer.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Today, I tried to buy the new Apple TV on Apple Pay and the transaction will not go thru. I tried it on 2 cards(Amex and Visa) and 2 separate devices, but would not work. Called Apple and they were no help except suggesting I delete and add the cards again. I did that and I set them all up again. Still getting the same "Payment not complete:please correct your payment information" as I was getting before.

I never had an issue with Apple pay until tonight and it was set up on these devices 1 year ago with the same cards. Any suggestions??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.