Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I don't know how others here view Apple Pay, or how often they use it, but I am finding it more and more useful and prevalent all the time.

The latest example was when we took our cat to the vet just a week or so ago. They have us humans wait in the parking lot and come out and pick up the pet from the vehicle, and bring it back out when they are finished, and in the past the payment was made over the phone and by providing a credit card number.

Now they will send a text, and it provides a link for a payment to be made immediately using Apple Pay. Sitting in my car, when the vet is finished and ready for payment, by the time our cat is back in the car they've sent the text and I've made the payment. Really terrific.

I don't use Apple Pay very much in other places yet simply because it is still inconvenient to confirm the payment with the phone while wearing a mask, and not all merchants offer the Apple Pay option. But I can see it becoming more and more common.

And I almost always use it for online purchases if the option is presented. Saves providing shipping and billing address, makes the purchasing process much quicker and easier. Nice.

Last edited:

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Almost 100% of my Apple Pay is performed via my Apple Watch.

/Jim
Thanks for the response! (I was wondering if any discussion would finally develop here)

I'll have to start trying that. I had forgotten that I could use my Apple Watch to make payments and completely overlooked that capability. Thanks.

sarc

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2016
Living in Australia I only pay with Apple Pay for all of my transactions. We have had contactless terminals all over for sometime now.

Reactions: scribble79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.