Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.22.33.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.17.59.png
Got this today, although nothing happens after these steps.

Apple’s articles still don’t mention India support for Apple Pay nor is there any news on the Internets.

Reactions: randhir damley

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
I have no idea. I just got the notification today that I shared above.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
Yep, I started this thread to see if other Indians received this notification, or if was a mistakenly sent to me.

vspassion007

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
Same here, just saw it this morning after autofilling card in safari.
Tried but failed to add card, hopefully Apple is working behind the scenes to make it work.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
So, I think this is what happened. Apple recently enabled the feature of using cards in safari as Apple Pay cards, only in countries that already support Apple Pay. But they sent the notification to everyone with cards in safari.

I think this has nothing to do with launch of Apple Pay in India, which even if it does launch, will probably be UPI based, not card based, as card transactions in India come with serious limitations from security point of view.

randhir damley

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2023
India
UPI is a garbage payment method, the regular tap-to-pay is always great and can be used with just a tap even on wearables. If Samsung got Samsung pay on all their devices then I don't think Apple should have any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.