Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venomx999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Uk
Got an iPhone 7 and had it 4 months and then the Apple Pay stopped working in shops suddenly .
Tried a full reset etc with no luck. I phoned Apple and they said everything looks fine and the contactless sensor is working

what should I do ?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Make sure you are up to date. I was running an older version of iOS and one day it just stopped working. No notification, no nothing. After about 2 hours on the phone with my credit card company, they finally realized that I was on an old version of iOS and oh by the way Apple no longer supports that version of iOS for Apple Pay.

RUGERMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Make sure you are up to date. I was running an older version of iOS and one day it just stopped working. No notification, no nothing. After about 2 hours on the phone with my credit card company, they finally realized that I was on an old version of iOS and oh by the way Apple no longer supports that version of iOS for Apple Pay.
What version was that??

applefan19

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2019
Got an iPhone 7 and had it 4 months and then the Apple Pay stopped working in shops suddenly .
Tried a full reset etc with no luck. I phoned Apple and they said everything looks fine and the contactless sensor is working

what should I do ?
Is it under warranty? If so, back it up and then take it to an Apple Store to troubleshoot. On my iPhone X, none of the in-store tests found faulty hardware. However, it could also not be fixed with a complete reset/wipe. I had the phone over a year and had it replaced under my extended AppleCare warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.