Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
This has been happening frequently and I am assuming it's a bug. I have the predictive typing feature/bar turned OFF in iMessage. However, it pops up frequently when I hit send - most times it briefly shows the Apple Pay logo and goes away. Sometimes it's a box/word. Sometimes it happens back to back to back with messages.

I understand the phone can detect me saying "let me send you some money" or "how much do I owe you" type of thing but the phrases I am saying have no bearing on that. I would say "oh yeah" and it would pop up. Then if I say it again, nothing.

Anyone else getting this?

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
This has been happening frequently and I am assuming it's a bug. I have the predictive typing feature/bar turned OFF in iMessage. However, it pops up frequently when I hit send - most times it briefly shows the Apple Pay logo and goes away. Sometimes it's a box/word. Sometimes it happens back to back to back with messages.

I understand the phone can detect me saying "let me send you some money" or "how much do I owe you" type of thing but the phrases I am saying have no bearing on that. I would say "oh yeah" and it would pop up. Then if I say it again, nothing.

Anyone else getting this?
Definitely sounds like a bug. In the meantime, you can try turning this setting to Off and see if that helps.
36FB3AE7-9A17-4F13-AD0C-EF4912FF22ED.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.