Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
anyone see that sometimes the Apple Pay screen would come up randomly?
For me it’s when I lower my phone and press the side button to turn off the screen.
At first I thought it’s because I accidentally pressed it twice. It’s not.
It’s also not the same Apple Pay screen one would see when you press the side button twice, it’s the one that tells you to press the side button once more to activate Apple Pay, though you are already on the Apple Pay screen.

I tried replicating it and I can’t. This seems to come on randomly(?). Wondering if there is an Apple Pay trigger that I don’t know about.

Thanks

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
anyone see that sometimes the Apple Pay screen would come up randomly?
For me it’s when I lower my phone and press the side button to turn off the screen.
At first I thought it’s because I accidentally pressed it twice. It’s not.
It’s also not the same Apple Pay screen one would see when you press the side button twice, it’s the one that tells you to press the side button once more to activate Apple Pay, though you are already on the Apple Pay screen.

I tried replicating it and I can’t. This seems to come on randomly(?). Wondering if there is an Apple Pay trigger that I don’t know about.

Thanks

It is likely that you are pressing it twice without realizing it. I do it all the time. I also take screenshots all the time. Both a bit annoying.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
This is the screen

Attachments

• 36D4E563-BF59-4059-B410-48F7FF99E8E3.jpeg
    36D4E563-BF59-4059-B410-48F7FF99E8E3.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 178

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
op when I’m out usually at stores I do notice at times one click from the side button brings up Apple Pay. I’m not sure if the phone senses NFC readers and just becomes more sensitive but yeah I’ve got this before.

Has yet to happen on one click at home.

Reactions: teknikal90

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
op when I’m out usually at stores I do notice at times one click from the side button brings up Apple Pay. I’m not sure if the phone senses NFC readers and just becomes more sensitive but yeah I’ve got this before.

Has yet to happen on one click at home.
It just happened on my desk at work :(

I've asked Apple support for help.
Thanks!

Reactions: iapplelove
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.