Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
This has been going on since November last year and I have not been able to resolve or get anywhere in terms of a solution. Desperation has got me into posting it here in the hope that someone may have come across this issue and have a fix. Fingers crossed.

So here is my issue with Apple Pay -

Apple Pay on my devices work flawlessly without any issues. I use Apple Pay every day literally for everything. However, most of those transactions are done using my Apple Watch. As you might know, while using Apple Pay as a payment method online, it has to be authorised on the phone.

Weirdly, when I try to buy something online, for eg on ASOS, and try to authorise the transaction using Apple Pay, the authorisation process works fine but the transaction gets declined. I have already contacted the bank multiple times and every time they have confrmed that there is no block at their end. The transaction just returns a flag "security check" which is why the transaction gets declined by the system.

If its any help the card attached to my Apple Pay is a - Lloyds TSB credit card.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
I’ve now found out that payments below £30 is getting declined while trying to use contactless payment as well! Like, what the hell?!

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I've had something like this happen with some of my cards for in-app transactions (I'm in the US) when the billing address on file is slightly different than the one on the Apple Pay transaction screen. It may be something different, but I had "Street" instead of "St." and an apartment entry on a different line. I can't guarantee that's a fix, but worth checking (and/or delete and re-add the card to see if there's any errors with that process?)

The other thing could be that there's some sort of check with the phone number on the device you're using versus the phone number on file with your bank - even though it shouldn't matter, I have one card that can be added easily to iPads, but always makes me call in to verify when I add it to an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.