Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
California
I bought an iPhone 6 Plus a few days ago to upgrade from my iPhone 5s. I've been using :apple: Pay with my Wells Fargo Platinum Debit card PayWave. Adding the card was very fast, I put the numbers in, and it added it automatically within seconds.

I've used it at Home Depot, McDonald's, and Walgreens without a problem.
I notice there's no amount listed on the passbook list. It just shows the city, state and amount as --. It doesn't give notification either. When I log in to Wells Fargo after a transaction, it shows the amount correctly.

How do I turn them on, the notification and amount like in the demo?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
You can't. It's up to the bank what exactly is pushed to Passbook. Many (or even all?) don't support the amounts when using a debit card. It does work with most credit cards though (including Wells Fargo's).

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I bought an iPhone 6 Plus a few days ago to upgrade from my iPhone 5s. I've been using :apple: Pay with my Wells Fargo Platinum Debit card PayWave. Adding the card was very fast, I put the numbers in, and it added it automatically within seconds.

I've used it at Home Depot, McDonald's, and Walgreens without a problem.
I notice there's no amount listed on the passbook list. It just shows the city, state and amount as --. It doesn't give notification either. When I log in to Wells Fargo after a transaction, it shows the amount correctly.

I have the same issue with my TD Bank visa debit card. In my settings there is no option for displaying the transactions. Someone else has a TD Bank visa debit card and they get the transactions, but had to wait awhile for the transactions to show up. My guess it is an issue with Visa and Apple pay. I removed my card numerous times and added it back in and get the same results. I've phoned my bank and was told to call Apple.

infantrytrophy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Credit cards all seem to show the amount of the transactions, regardless of bank.

Debit cards seem not to, regardless of bank.

Not really. I have 4 credit cards installed in Apple Pay - 2 Amex cards (Costco and Delta Skymiles), MasterCard (USAA Bank) and VISA (LLBean - Barclay Bank). Transactions appear instantly from both Amex cards but not from either of the other 2 cards.

Having the transaction notifications appear immediately is very nice, and a good security feature. These notifications appear every time, when the card is swiped in the traditional way and when the Apple Pay/NFC feature is used for the transaction. I have had the experience several times of giving the card to a restaurant server and having the immediate transaction notification appear on my iPhone before the server returned to the table with the card and printed transaction slip. Excellent.

I have contacted representatives of USAA Bank and Barclay Bank to request that the immediate transaction notifications be sent, similar to the way that Amex handles these.

chunheisiu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2013
San Francisco, CA
My Citi MasterCard Debit only shows the location of the latest transaction. For in-app Apple Pay transactions (e.g. Lyft) they do show the whole thing. Hope that they add the ability to view transactions made at physical stores soon.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
There are other threads here about this credit card vs debit card - amount vs no amount.

From reading many of those threads, just reporting what most others including myself have posted as their experience. Of course, anyone can have a different experience.

That is why I used the word "seem" in both lines of my previous post.

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
California
After updating to iOS 8.1.3, it now seems to show the amount!
It looks like the new version may have changed the amount listing for debit card.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
When I was on iOS 8.4 and the iOS 9 public betas on my 6+, this was working fine. ( I have a Visa Chase Debit Card.) Ever since I added Apple Pay to my 6S+ This has not been working for me again on physical transactions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.