Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I have to CC's set up on Apple Pay, one gives me transaction notifications and the other doesn't.

Any idea what gives?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I believe the notifications are handled through the card issuer's app. At least that's how it is on my iPhone. The AMEX app send me notifications after each purchase, but my bank does not.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
I believe the notifications are handled through the card issuer's app. At least that's how it is on my iPhone. The AMEX app send me notifications after each purchase, but my bank does not.

Fifth Third Bank is the same. A box to check if you want notifications. Mine are almost instant.

chunheisiu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I have a Citibank Debit card linked to my iPhone 6. It does not have payment history since day one until Thursday, on which they all popped up for no obvious reasons.

I guess it is up to your bank to activate the feature.

TechiEmmanuel

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Northern Virginia
I have a Citibank Debit card linked to my iPhone 6. It does not have payment history since day one until Thursday, on which they all popped up for no obvious reasons.

I guess it is up to your bank to activate the feature.

Do you get notifications for transactions with the physical card as well? How about refunds and other credits, do those show up?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Do you get notifications for transactions with the physical card as well? How about refunds and other credits, do those show up?

With Wells Fargo, everything shows up just like your regular credit card or debit card accounts. Also alerts and notifications that you have setup with them.

TechiEmmanuel

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Northern Virginia
With Wells Fargo, everything shows up just like your regular credit card or debit card accounts. Also alerts and notifications that you have setup with them.

As in, chip, magstripe, and online transactions notify me as well? Would you mind posting a screenshot?

I helped a classmate set up Apple Pay with their Wells Fargo Platinum Debit a week or two ago, and they said they only get notified for Apple Pay transactions. I'm thinking of getting a checking account for myself, and notifications is a big deal to me. My dad's BofA debit doesn't notify at all, and his BofA credit only notifies for Apple Pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.