Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Noticed this “bug” recently. Stopped getting Apple Pay transaction notifications and these transactions don’t appear under the Wallet app. Anyone in the same boat as me?

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Works fine for me, however when I use the physical card in some places (Shoprite and Wawa, for example) it sometimes takes days for the transaction to appear. For example, I got gas at Wawa more than two days ago and that charge still doesn't show.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Noticed this “bug” recently. Stopped getting Apple Pay transaction notifications and these transactions don’t appear under the Wallet app. Anyone in the same boat as me?
This happened to me around the time it you posted this message OP. I purchased a coffee from Tim Hortons using Apple Pay on my SE1 and the payment did not register on my phone. I checked my online banking and observed that payment had been completed. I made a later purchase and I saw that payment appear as a notification.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
This happened to me around the time it you posted this message OP. I purchased a coffee from Tim Hortons using Apple Pay on my SE1 and the payment did not register on my phone. I checked my online banking and observed that payment had been completed. I made a later purchase and I saw that payment appear as a notification.

This is strange indeed. I purchased a set of Air Tags today from Apple Online and I paid using Apple Pay. I got the wallet app notification today for it. However my collated transport charges for yesterday, paid via Apple Pay, didn’t have notifications when the I was charged for it.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
This is strange indeed. I purchased a set of Air Tags today from Apple Online and I paid using Apple Pay. I got the wallet app notification today for it. However my collated transport charges for yesterday, paid via Apple Pay, didn’t have notifications when the I was charged for it.
My payment made to Tim Hortons yesterday still hasn’t appeared but a later payment has been logged. This has happened to be before though but it’s a rare occurrence.

Smijee

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2022
I bought an iPhone 13 one week ago and no transactions have ever appeared on my Apple Pay, despite having Show History and Allow Notifications on under transactions. Miss my old phone already!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.