Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
im not going to argue with you as you are a moron. You can not even write english properly.

gooddog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
Poor baby ! :(

Went to a battle of the wits unarmed, did we ?

Well, don't worry.

Once they reset your GPS, you'll be able to find your way
to the big, bad target and go boom like all the others in your bay.

You really are very smart, you know.

Next time, I know you'll hit the target.

Now, go penetrate elsewhere my little dud.

XXX OOO XXX

:p

Liamcow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
I'm a little late in saying this but here goes...

Smartmedia?? ugh, everyone knows that sony memory stick is the best media available:D

...just had to say it

gooddog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by Liamcow
I'm a little late in saying this but here goes...

Smartmedia?? ugh, everyone knows that sony memory stick is the best media available:D

...just had to say it

OK, OK you're probably right....

I don't really care about that --- I guess the other cards are coming down in
price ... and sticks do look sturdy and cool ....

What I care about is the INSTANT, EASY, gathering of PICTURES, VIDEO,
VOICE, etc. so I can spend less time doing hurried, sloppy, frenetic, meaningless work; and spend more time talking with my students and explaining math to them. It's self-defense against an out-of-control school administration that burries us all in futile documentation of every last twitch and cough.

I DO NOT WANT TO GO DIGGING for an expensive camera, then have to lock it up every second I'm not using it, and ditto for scanners (document photo's are fine) and voice recorders, etc .. each with its own manual, company policies, etc.

If you ever teach in LAUSD , you will know why I say this.

Imagine a nurse or doctor in a trauma center ... just pull out the old Nikon ehhh?... yeah - right.

Anyway, just last night, a story came on the news of a cop who is doing/saying exactly the same things I am saying/doing.... he finishes his drudge poaperwork in a fraction of the time that other cops in his department take.

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
Dude, your not beating me in any battle of the wits. Your a moron, plain and simple. I am not going to even bother arguing with you, arguing over a forum against someone as stubborn and ill informed as you is stupid.

dougrogers

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2002
zire

I just bought a Zire, with which I am pretty happy. My main complaint is with the OS.... Wouldn't it be nice to not have to jump through hoops to get a tab-delimited text file out of Expense? (you can't, by the way) and scripting in Palm Desktop is ****ty difficult stupid tricky and inadequate. Would I jump from the Palm OS to an Apple OS ? With some kind of reliably scriptable Desktop Organizer, yes, in a second. APple doesn't need to blow the other PDA's out of the water to make an entrance. I don't need the high end. I need a reliable and controllable interface.

Somebody

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2002
NYC
Dude, your not beating me in any battle of the wits. Your a moron, plain and simple.

That's "you're not beating me", and "You're a moron". Normally I don't do spelling or grammar flames, but, hey, like MacCoaster pointed out, you opened the door.

Gooddog might sound a little excited and ramble a bit, but she (he?) is at least posting some interesting thoughts about PDA applications, even if I do disagree about about the marketplace viability of the described device. You, on the other hand, are posting empty flames and getting hung up on relatively unimportant technical minutiae like CF vs SmartMedia.

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
umm, My errors are in fewer numbers then Gooddogs. What Gooddog wants is one of the worst PDAs imaginable, the PDA that he describes is impossible because of all of the extraneous features he mentions. He never went through how you could actually implent these ideas into a device and realized how impossible it is ATM.

Originally posted by jadam
umm, My errors are in fewer numbers then Gooddogs. What Gooddog wants is one of the worst PDAs imaginable, the PDA that he describes is impossible because of all of the extraneous features he mentions. He never went through how you could actually implent these ideas into a device and realized how impossible it is ATM.
And man thought flight was impossible.

BkkChris

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2002
Can't Apple just make a well designed PDA hybrid that can replace my Sony Clie, 5gb IPod and tri-band GSM phone? The tech. exists in plenty, however nobody has been able to offer anything of any value yet. I don't care about useless features aplenty, just give me a nice Palm based PDA like the Sony, with the storage of the IPod and a nice tri-band Phone. Since Apple, Palm and Sony/Ericsson are bed pals of sort, there should be a viable partnership of some worth in creating such a product. Who wouldn't want one of these devices, and with Apple pushing the digital hub it fits into their marketing scheme. In my opinion Tablet PCs lack big time. Digital Cameras on phones/pda's lack big time. And most of all having to carry three devices around really is not fun. Don't tell me this would not be a great product and sell a ton.

gooddog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002

What "impossibility" are you talking about dud ?

And what do you know of Apple's cash reserve ATM ?

TM is N.

I've given you an URL where you can see the review of the hp H5450 which has SEVERAL types of wireless and a BIOMETRIC fingerprint reader to boot, along with everything else I mentioned.

Are you saying, from the summit of your mountain of expertise, that adding a
camera like the one Clié has will be the straw that breaks the camel's back ?

Or is it the $4.00 laser pointer in the stylus that challenges your massive intellect ?

Don't hide behind "I won't argue with you ..." whining ... since you obviously love it.

Instead, why don't you strap on a pair and come out to play.

Try to un-bunch your undies before you answer --- it will give you more room to think.

XXXOOOXXX

---gooddog

P.S. , That Certificate of Attendance just isn't the same as a real diploma, is it :)

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA

You are an a$$... Nobody likes an a$$... You might as well shut up.

In your opinion, what makes a PDA good and what makes a PDA crappy? You can make a base-line PDA that's small, affordable, and cheap, but then why not just get a daily planner for $10 at wal-mart? The technology to make PDA's feature-rich is out there. Someone just needs to put it in a package that works. Hopefully, Apple will do something about it. I mean, even dell had a PDA, and the only selling point it has is its price. You won't find any new, state-of-the-art features on these dell PDA's. They're bottom of the line, rock bottom.

Oh, and with the memory debate, why don't they just put a small 10gb HD in it (like the iPod), and have it transfer files via bluetooth. Right now, there are so many different memory cards, bluetooth seems to be the way to go because it's not brand-specific. Memory cards are too proprietary.

I do think that the laser would be a bit too much... No offense, but you can get a laser pointer to put on your key-chain that would work fine, if not better.

gooddog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002

OK, that's it.
Nobody likes my LASER.
I have become bitter and reclusive.
All I wanted was to hold the PDA in my left hand, while Bluetoothing a presentation
through a digital image preocessor I don't even have.
I wanted to point to posters etc. on the wall (not on the screen) with my PDA without having to pull out another gadget (keychain, pen, 50 GWatt Iodine Death Star ...)
And, when snapping a pic of a document (quick, poor-man's xerox) , I wanted to
shine register marks onto the doc to avoid fussing with the LCD screen & vertigo as I frame the shot.
It was a nice little LASER.
It promised not to eat too much.
And it would be only about $4 to have and to love.
But, nooooohhh.
It had to be killed before it even had a chance to shine.
Well, someday my friends...
MARK MY WORDS...
SOMEDAY, PDA'S WILL SNAP PICS IN JUST THIS WAY, AND THEY WILL OCR THE
DOCS - A PAGE AT A TIME - INTO RAM.
AND I WILL BE HAILED AS "KING-PUP" -- SAVIOR OF THE UNWASHED MASSES.

...IMHO

Goodbye forever,

---gooddog

nixd2001

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2002
UK
Originally posted by gooddog

We NEED EXACTLY *ONE* COMPLETE DEVICE
to CARRY IN OUR POCKETS --- NO MORE.

My current desire for a carry-only-one-device is the new Sony P800 phone/PDA thingy. Synced with iSync of course.

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Originally posted by insidedanshead
I'm a newbie because I decided to join macrumors after years of reading the boards... to help people like you understand reality. I have probably been using a mac since you been sucking your thumb. If you want to get into newb calling names ask me a few questions.. and we'll see who the real newbie is...

Hmmm you've been using macs for a long time then.... wow.... let me think they were released in 84? or 85? one of those days. And I think you'll find that most of the people here have been using them since then.
So keep in mind that there are those of us who did use the Apple, and The Apple II.
So don't assume sh*t about anyone becasue you don't know anything about them.... for all we know, the person posting this whole thread could be Steve Jobs (unlikely, but Possible) and think how dumb you would look if it was!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.