Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Szczelec33

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
I was watching this procreate tutorial (about 4:15 seconds in:
) and he mentions how the apple pencil 2 lets you get a different angle and thicker texture by drawing with it tilted sideways. But he doesnt specify if this is an exclusive fetsure to the second gen apple pencil? Anyone know?

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
The nib is quieter and has more resistance when pairing a Pencil 2 with an iPad Pro.
My Pencil 1 with 6th gen iPad feels like using a rock on glass.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
There is no difference in terms of specs (pressure, lag, tilt, etc.) between Pencil 1 and 2. Even the nib - people think it's different, but it's actually exactly the same.
With that said, Pencil 2 has a more pleasant matte finish, charges better and has a nice side gesture.
[automerge]1577805218[/automerge]
The nib is quieter and has more resistance when pairing a Pencil 2 with an iPad Pro.
My Pencil 1 with 6th gen iPad feels like using a rock on glass.

This is not due to the Pencil itself, but rather the screen. The 6th gen iPad doesn't have a laminated screen wich makes the feel of the Pencil different (the sound it makes when it hits the screen is different, and perhaps the coating is slightly different, but I doubt it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.