Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CARTmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2023
I have an iPad Air 5 that is about 6 months old. I bought the first Apple Pencil when I bought the iPad and about 3 months ago it stopped working.
One day when I was going to use it, it simply didn't work and when I tried to reconnect it to the iPad, the sign that says "Apple Pencil" appears at the top of the screen, but it doesn't show the battery or connect to the Pencil. I tried all the ideas I could find, like turning Bluetooth on and off, forgetting the pencil and trying to connect again, but nothing worked. I've tried connecting the pencil to another iPad and it doesn't work either. I went to the store where I bought it and after five weeks without the pencil, they sent me a new one.
Now, after two months with the new pencil, the same thing has happened again. This morning the same problem happened again. When I put the Pencil on charge, it shows "Apple Pencil" on the screen for a few seconds, and then it doesn't connect. I tried connecting it to another iPad and it does the same thing.

Is this an iPad problem that breaks the pencils or does it happen frequently with Apple Pencils?
I bought the iPad on purpose to take notes on documents and I can't go 5 weeks without a pencil every 3 months.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’m not aware of any issues along these lines. Also no idea why it took 5 weeks 🧐 unless you’re in some country where Apple doesn’t have direct support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.