Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazyjorgito

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Hello guys,

I've been using the iPad Pro 2018 + Apple Pencil 2 and it's been going great but I notice that when I try to use an app like notes or notability if I try to write/draw near the top and down bezels (if the iPad is in the normal vertical position) the pencil is not detected.
This doesn't happen with the left and right bezels, no matter how close you get to them you can write perfectly. I guess that this is a general issue, can someone confirm me this, please?

A nice test if to put the Apple Pencil from the left and right bezels into the screen and you should see that it traces the pencil, whereas if you do this from the top and bottom bezels, the Apple Pencil is not recognized at all no matter if you keep going until the other end of the screen.

Thanks!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
There are app elements at the top and the bottom. So it is normal that these areas are not part of Apple Pencil writing recognition areas. I think this is normal.
I only do the test on notes app though.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello guys,

I've been using the iPad Pro 2018 + Apple Pencil 2 and it's been going great but I notice that when I try to use an app like notes or notability if I try to write/draw near the top and down bezels (if the iPad is in the normal vertical position) the pencil is not detected.
This doesn't happen with the left and right bezels, no matter how close you get to them you can write perfectly. I guess that this is a general issue, can someone confirm me this, please?

A nice test if to put the Apple Pencil from the left and right bezels into the screen and you should see that it traces the pencil, whereas if you do this from the top and bottom bezels, the Apple Pencil is not recognized at all no matter if you keep going until the other end of the screen.

Thanks!
That’s normal. Nothing you can really do about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.