Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fwmireault

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Hi all,

So I bought an Apple Pencil 2nd gen a few years ago (almost 4 years I believe), so the warranty has expired a long time ago. I have Apple Care on my iPad Pro 2021, and my understanding is that it covers automatically my Apple Pencil and my Magic Keyboard as long as my iPad is covered. Recently, my cat chewed the tip of the pencil (not the silicon tip, but the plastic around it). It’s still working as intended, but the pencil has some damage on it, and was wondering if I could use the Apple Care to repair (most likely replace) the pencil.

So I have two questions: Is the Apple Care covering the Apple Pencil even if the Pencil’s warranty has been long gone? And if so, am I eligible to an accidental damage repair from Apple, or do I need absolutely the Pencil not to work anymore to be eligible?

Thank you for any help!

Last edited:

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Just curious: Do you mean the cat damaged the body of the pencil itself or only the replaceable soft tip?

Because if it's just the tip they are very easy to replace and you get find multi packs on Amazon.

fwmireault

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Just curious: Do you mean the cat damaged the body of the pencil itself or only the replaceable soft tip?

Because if it's just the tip they are very easy to replace and you get find multi packs on Amazon.
Yes I should have been clearer, it’s the body itself that is damaged, I would have just replaced the tip if it was only that

Reactions: antiprotest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.