Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
Just wanted to post this here in case someone is looking to get a Pencil.

FYI, Verizon has it available for backorder with a Jan 8th ship date. Earlier this afternoon it just said Out Of Stock. Now it says backorder. I placed my order and am waiting. Lol.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/spe-apple-pencil

Just an update. The Pencil I ordered last night shipped this morning from Verizon. It will be here Thursday. The site is still saying backordered, but they actually have them in stock.

Reactions: Mac2me and Fthree

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered my pencil from Apple and it says it'll get here by January 26th. Ordered it on Verizon and it says it'll ship by the 8th. If Verizon comes through then Jesus Christ man...ill never order back ordered products like this from Apple again.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
PC connection has the Apple Pencil in stock. I ordered yesterday and received it this afternoon. :)

http://www.pcconnection.com/product/apple-pencil-for-ipad-pro/mk0c2am-a/30770807?cac=Result

Ditto! What a find! Says available to ship in 24 hours. I ordered the Ipad pro space grey 128 LTE, keyboard and pencil on December 22nd from Apple online.

Apple said keyboard to be shipped around Jan.18-25. Pencil around Feb. 1st.

In 24 hours, I am primed to get everything at the same time by Monday the latest. Got "prepared for shipping" Ipad pro today expected to be delivered on Jan. 4th. Cancelled Keyboard and pencil from Apple. Found Keyboard from AT&T available to ship in 5 business days. In 24 hours, I got notified it has now been shipped!

The Pencil I just bought at PC Connection thanks to you which was incredibly in stock! They says it ships in 24 hours. So, I should have the complete package no later than Jan.4th instead of Feb.1st.

Very interesting that AT&T had keyboard and PC connection had pencil before Apple online. It pays to come on this forum and get really good information.

Reactions: Ghost31

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Ditto! What a find! Says available to ship in 24 hours. I ordered the Ipad pro space grey 128 LTE, keyboard and pencil on December 22nd from Apple online.

Apple said keyboard to be shipped around Jan.18-25. Pencil around Feb. 1st.

In 24 hours, I am primed to get everything at the same time by Monday the latest. Got "prepared for shipping" Ipad pro today expected to be delivered on Jan. 4th. Cancelled Keyboard and pencil from Apple. Found Keyboard from AT&T available to ship in 5 business days. In 24 hours, I got notified it has now been shipped!

The Pencil I just bought at PC Connection thanks to you which was incredibly in stock! They says it ships in 24 hours. So, I should have the complete package no later than Jan.4th instead of Feb.1st.

Very interesting that AT&T had keyboard and PC connection had pencil before Apple online. It pays to come on this forum and get really good information.
I ordered the pencil from pc, hope they can hold to their word I did over night shipping so I'm hoping to get it Thursday UPS IS ONLY DELIVERING air Thursday , I'm a ups driver

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
I ordered the pencil from pc, hope they can hold to their word I did over night shipping so I'm hoping to get it Thursday UPS IS ONLY DELIVERING air Thursday , I'm a ups driver

Good luck. Of all people you should know. Now lets see if PC Connection lives up to their word.

David58117

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2013
Ah, my Verizon one shipped (ordered yesterday), I was hoping to cancel it since I ordered the PCConnect one overnight (which hasn't shipped...).

Oh well, on Craigslist it goes..

jhagg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Newport Beach, CA
Ah, my Verizon one shipped (ordered yesterday), I was hoping to cancel it since I ordered the PCConnect one overnight (which hasn't shipped...).

Oh well, on Craigslist it goes..

PC Connection is now out of stock, but just ordered from Verizon with ship date 12/31/15

Edit: Shipped today even though it said back ordered until tomorrow. I can't believe my Apple Pencil quest has ended I feel so lost :)

Last edited:

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
So is the pencil readily available at Verizon now? I just ordered one but it didn't show a ship date. I wonder if that means they have good stock? How soon has everyone been getting theirs?

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
So is the pencil readily available at Verizon now? I just ordered one but it didn't show a ship date. I wonder if that means they have good stock? How soon has everyone been getting theirs?
Looks like it. When you go to the Apple pencil on Verizon's site, it just says add to cart. If there was a back order it would say there's one and when it'll ship out. So you should get your pencil really soon. I ordered mine and it shipped out in a day

Reactions: Timbartholomewwww

Timbartholomewwww

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2016
Looks like it. When you go to the Apple pencil on Verizon's site, it just says add to cart. If there was a back order it would say there's one and when it'll ship out. So you should get your pencil really soon. I ordered mine and it shipped out in a day
Thanks everyone for posting on here. Was frustrated with the apple.com wait and getting on here I saw Verizon and Walmart had the pencil. Ordered mine from Verizon today so hoping it will ship out tomorrow.

JavierDiaz4

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Just wanted to post this here in case someone is looking to get a Pencil.

FYI, Verizon has it available for backorder with a Jan 8th ship date. Earlier this afternoon it just said Out Of Stock. Now it says backorder. I placed my order and am waiting. Lol.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/spe-apple-pencil

Just an update. The Pencil I ordered last night shipped this morning from Verizon. It will be here Thursday. The site is still saying backordered, but they actually have them in stock.

Thanks for the tip. Just got it!

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
We ordered one tonight and have to call them in the morning when customer service opens because we should be getting free 2nd day shipping with it since it's over $49 and even the webpage for it says it comes with free shipping--but it's not an option on the order sheet & the shipping price doesn't recalculate either when you put in your credit card info. The chat person (we talked to a couple before placing our order) could not help us with that and even talking to their managers said we'd have to call Customer Service for some adjustment. They said we should be able to get the free ship due to the item amount and couldn't explain why it wasn't showing up in the order form. Good news is that they definitely have it in-stock and ready to ship and aren't overcharging like Walmart.com apparently is (well they are but only by $.97 over Apple's retail price, not $11 or so which Walmart.com was when I last looked).

I haven't had the chance yet to play with one on a Pro and thanks to the Forum won't have long to wait or have to keep checking stores every day. Thanks for the heads up about locations that have had it in stock.

JavierDiaz4

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
We ordered one tonight and have to call them in the morning when customer service opens because we should be getting free 2nd day shipping with it since it's over $49 and even the webpage for it says it comes with free shipping--but it's not an option on the order sheet & the shipping price doesn't recalculate either when you put in your credit card info. The chat person (we talked to a couple before placing our order) could not help us with that and even talking to their managers said we'd have to call Customer Service for some adjustment. They said we should be able to get the free ship due to the item amount and couldn't explain why it wasn't showing up in the order form. Good news is that they definitely have it in-stock and ready to ship and aren't overcharging like Walmart.com apparently is (well they are but only by $.97 over Apple's retail price, not $11 or so which Walmart.com was when I last looked).

I haven't had the chance yet to play with one on a Pro and thanks to the Forum won't have long to wait or have to keep checking stores every day. Thanks for the heads up about locations that have had it in stock.

Keep us posted on how this goes. I too ordered mine and paid the 6.99 since it wasn't coming out free as dictated by the numerous adds. I attributed this to Verizon not considering the Apple Pencil an accessory. Any other stylus that is not powered did qualify for free shipping but once you put a powered one in the cart it would revert back to charging for shipping. Again I think once it's powered they don't categorize it as an accessory. Let us know how it goes and I'll call them up as well. Thanks

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Just spent a chunk of time on the phone with a Customer Service person who really tried to solve this for us and he verified that there's a problem with the ordering on the site and he's spoken to his higher ups as well. Verizon is agreeing there should be no shipping on it so it is considered an accessory that qualifies. And we specifically asked him that question.

Given how Apple usually sends limited quantities to resellers, I didn't want to risk cancelling the order we placed last night and losing my place, then get backordered; so we are opting to let that order go through as is and deal with the extra charge when it arrives. It's going to be my birthday present so would be doubly disappointed if it were to get backordered on me. Hopefully they will have something in place to address this so we can get a credit by the time it arrives. He said he believes it will ship out Monday. I'll come back to post when I get the ship email with expected date. He was trying to place a second order with correct shipping info and then cancel my first order as a way to resolve this for us.

Well Customer Service has given up trying to place a second order for us without shipping for now. They are aware of it. Maybe since it's a new item when they set up the webpage for it they didn't code it correctly. For those that are looking to order it, keep this all in mind and print out the site pages that show it's suppose to be free shipping. Somewhere there was an explanation of the shipping that mentions the 2-day free with orders over $49.

Last edited:

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
BTW the MS3 pressure sensitive stylus for $49 also says free shipping on their website. For that item there is a highlighted radio button for free 3-5 day shipping but if you click on the Free Shipping For All Orders rectangular button on the right, it mentions the 3-5 day but also the 2-day for orders $49 or more. Seems to me that the $49 MS3 stylus falls under the 2-day offer. I just think their website is messed up and not properly configured for the correct shipping discount to be applied.

image.png

image.png

Last edited:

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
My order was updated saying it had shipped, I have a Fedex tracking number, and I should have mine Wednesday.
[doublepost=1451971312,1451887870][/doublepost]RE: Adjustment to cc for Free Shipping on Verizon Apple Pencil order

OK, following up on what I wrote above in a few posts, we just got off the phone with a rep in I believe he said "Credit and Order Review" or something like that. We explained we ordered the pencil online and were charged shipping when according to the website and Verizon we shouldn't have been and were calling to resolve the Shipping portion of the charge. The pencil just shipped out today. The call went really smoothly having apparently reached the correct department to handle it. They did a "Payment Hub Request" for the $6.99 to be issued back to our cc, gave us a Ticket # for followup should we need it, and told we will receive a confirming email. He said the credit should show up by next week. Pleased this got handled quickly tonight with Verizon (definitely call during their regular Customer Service Hours) and super pleased I'll have a Pencil in 2 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: ECJ

Teknologee

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
I ordered mine on Friday 1/1/16 on Verizon after reading it from here. I have been waiting on BestBuy for about 6-7 weeks with no luck. I received mine today from FedEx. Definitely a lot quicker. I also got charged the 6.99 shipping and will have to try to call tomorrow. Thanks for the update and the information. This thing is sweet in the limited amount of time I have used it. Can't wait to keep exploring.

JavierDiaz4

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
My order was updated saying it had shipped, I have a Fedex tracking number, and I should have mine Wednesday.
[doublepost=1451971312,1451887870][/doublepost]RE: Adjustment to cc for Free Shipping on Verizon Apple Pencil order

OK, following up on what I wrote above in a few posts, we just got off the phone with a rep in I believe he said "Credit and Order Review" or something like that. We explained we ordered the pencil online and were charged shipping when according to the website and Verizon we shouldn't have been and were calling to resolve the Shipping portion of the charge. The pencil just shipped out today. The call went really smoothly having apparently reached the correct department to handle it. They did a "Payment Hub Request" for the $6.99 to be issued back to our cc, gave us a Ticket # for followup should we need it, and told we will receive a confirming email. He said the credit should show up by next week. Pleased this got handled quickly tonight with Verizon (definitely call during their regular Customer Service Hours) and super pleased I'll have a Pencil in 2 days.

I too called thanks to your feedback and was also credited the 6.99. thanks again.

Reactions: Mac2me
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.