Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I'm really tempted to buy the Apple Pencil, primarily to take notes (which I have to do a lot in my daily working life).

I'd be very grateful if anyone could recommend the best apps for this purpose. :)

Cascades42

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2016
UK
I'm really liking Notability. Key features for me include Dropbox back up (in PDF if you choose), the ability to import and annotate PDFs - as well as add pages, the various paper types, and the ability to cut/copy/move parts of your handwritten notes if you wish (really handy when annotating diagrams which then get expanded!). Plus there's a Mac app where I bulk add PDFs I'm going to use later (past papers for exams usually).

CD3660

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I'm really liking Notability. Key features for me include Dropbox back up (in PDF if you choose), the ability to import and annotate PDFs - as well as add pages, the various paper types, and the ability to cut/copy/move parts of your handwritten notes if you wish (really handy when annotating diagrams which then get expanded!). Plus there's a Mac app where I bulk add PDFs I'm going to use later (past papers for exams usually).
Thanks for that. I read somewhere that Noteshelf is good too. Anyone tried that?

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
There are several extensive ongoing threads in the main iPad forum on this same topic. I've tried virtually every app available. Goodnotes and Notability are probably the two best in terms of Pencil support (other than the stock app). OneNote is very good with Pencil support, and much more flexible than those apps if you intend to also use the app on a computer. The stock notes app is the best as far as Pencil support goes - but extremely limited otherwise.

Reactions: Cascades42
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.