Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
I just bought an Apple Pencil Gen 2 from someone that bought it without realizing it wouldn’t work with their iPad. It took about 2 weeks to get to me because of the recent winter weather.

After popping it on my iPad Pro, I discovered the battery was at 0 percent, which was a worry I had, seeing as this person had no way to charge the pencil. I’ve asked them when exactly they bought it, so I can know about how long it may have been at 0%.

Would you be concerned about this?

I’ve charged it overnight, and it seems to hold a charge. I’m just wondering it the battery health may have taken a big hit. Too bad there’s no way to get an estimate on that for the pencil, like the iPhone and Apple Watch.

kiralygabor

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2020
Well, it's never a good thing if an Apple Pencil is completely empty, but since you can charge it, I wouldn't worry about it. ( a friend of me let her empty for 2 months, then died LOL, I mean the pencil and not the girl xD )

Keep the pencil charged, and everything is gonna be fine. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.