Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
I haven’t used my Gen 2 (A2051) Apple Pencil for a couple years. After charging it up it works but I’m wondering if after all this time it may be overdue for a Firmware Update, currently it is 0154.0093.0444.0060 , is there a way to Update it or at least check if there is a newer Firmware Version available? Thanks

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
You have to trust that it updates itself when connected. No way to force it. I have the exact same firmware on my Pencil 2 that I've using a bit lately. Wouldn't worry about it unless you're having issues with the Pencil maybe.

Reactions: Codeseven

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
You have to trust that it updates itself when connected. No way to force it. I have the exact same firmware on my Pencil 2 that I've using a bit lately. Wouldn't worry about it unless you're having issues with the Pencil maybe.
Thank you sunapple. Ya, from what I can gather, once charged to 100% it may or may not update the Firmware, if indeed there is a newer one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.