Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
My new iPad mini is in transit and I want to get the Apple Pencil for it. Reading though gen3 should be out this November?!? Worth waiting for?

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
I kinda thought the same. But, it’s just a pencil. Nothing really to exciting about it. So, thinking they are holding back until November with no noise until then.

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
why would apple not want to announce a pencil at the same time as their tablets? that makes zero sense. Most likely, you may see one with next year's pro update around May.

Reactions: Cape Dave

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
Phew, bought a 2nd gen today, haven't unboxed it just yet but will now. That price. The tax benefit brought me into the world of the Apple Pencil. I plan to use it almost every day so hope it's as nice as people have said.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
Phew, bought a 2nd gen today, haven't unboxed it just yet but will now. That price. The tax benefit brought me into the world of the Apple Pencil. I plan to use it almost every day so hope it's as nice as people have said.
So what’s the verdic?

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
What features are you missing from the Apple Pencil?
I’d like a pencil that can remain linked to 2 devices. Now that I’ve upgraded from the mini 5 to the mini 6 my Pencil 2 is shared between my iPad Pro and my mini. The linking process is slower than I expected, maybe because the pencil is 3 years old.

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

mrLucas

Suspended
Jul 30, 2021
No, I don’t think so. If Apple had a new Pencil to launch this year it would’ve launched with the new iPads last month.
when did it launch?!

oh.. didn read it right

Release dateNovember 11, 2015 (1st generation)
November 7, 2018 (2nd generation)

I dont thin they will update the pen.. I dont see why, it works great, not sure what they could add to it?!

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
Release dateNovember 11, 2015 (1st generation)
November 7, 2018 (2nd generation)
That says something. Gotta say I do have the jitters having just bought a Pencil 2 on October 18. But the leak we have points to a new model being glossy. I far prefer the matte of the Pencil 2 and not because of grip, but comfort. It is a major thing with plastic and especially in a warm climate. I have a matte screen protector on my iPad and I love it.

mrLucas

Suspended
Jul 30, 2021
That says something. Gotta say I do have the jitters having just bought a Pencil 2 on October 18. But the leak we have points to a new model being glossy. I far prefer the matte of the Pencil 2 and not because of grip, but comfort. It is a major thing with plastic and especially in a warm climate. I have a matte screen protector on my iPad and I love it.
Pen feels great, but also works great… Dont really know what they could do to make it better.. I just bought it a few months ago, so I dont really like the idea of a new one coming out, but, also, I dont see what they could gain *(or I dont wanna see ? . But, pen is great thats what I am saying)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.