Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I have the matte white Apple Pencil, and it worked fine on my previous 2018 iPad Pro, but won’t work on my new iPad at all. When I connect it to the top of the iPad, the iPad recognizes it, says it’s connected, and battery is 100%, but I can’t actually use it. I’ve forgotten it in Bluetooth and reconnected a few times, but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

MrEcted

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Threaten to shank your iPad with the Pencil if it doesn't cooperate. Worked for me.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Mine doesn't work either. 2nd gen Apple Pencil I got with my 2018 iPad Pro, it won't work with my 2021 iPad Pro.

A visit to the Apple Store Genius bar and... the tip of the pencil had unscrewed itself a little bit, enough to render the pencil inoperative. He screwed the tip on tighter and voila!. My pencil now works. Me and my dog Max got a trip to the Apple Store out of this fiasco.

Reactions: Slartibart

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
A visit to the Apple Store Genius bar and... the tip of the pencil had unscrewed itself a little bit, enough to render the pencil inoperative. He screwed the tip on tighter and voila!. My pencil now works. Me and my dog Max got a trip to the Apple Store out of this fiasco.
Nice. The Apple store nearest my house is in an outdoor mall setting where dogs are allowed into stores with their owner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.