Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
now I am getting the pro pretty soon but I am debating the pencil why should I get if? Or should I get it? I don't draw is there other good uses for it?

Any advice would be great

Thanks!!!

d28z28

Suspended
Apr 20, 2015
now I am getting the pro pretty soon but I am debating the pencil why should I get if? Or should I get it? I don't draw is there other good uses for it?

Thanks!!!

My opinion: if you don't draw and you don't know if you want it otherwise - you absolutely should not spend $100 on it.

Reactions: AttilaTheHun

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Thanks for the feedback guys! I might just bypass it and cough up the extra 60 bucks for the keyboard

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK

Thanks!!!

Bought an iPP today and would have got the pencil if they had one!
Ordered one online as soon as I got home just to be sure I get one
eventually.

Had a long play with a demo one and it works superbly well as a general
tool for doing all things on the iPad that you use your finger for and when
the iPad is on the keyboard stand, also not available of course, it makes
a lot of sense and felt very good to use. I'd say it's a nice to have rather
than a necessity if you do not need it for drawing etc.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
I used one today at the Apple Store and I LOVE IT. I'm getting it asap.
I couldn't stop drawing on it. It really is extremely precise. The detail you can draw without any effort is really amazing.

cdames00

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
It really doesn't have a compelling use case unless you're an artist or do design work. I got caught up and picked one up because a store had them in stock. I've tried it a bit and thinking going to return it; I just won't get $100 out of it except as a "have" to have because it's the must have accessory for the ipad pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.