Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
Old thread but this is amazing.

Attachments

• 296EDAE9-C32F-4B0B-BCD4-454C5AC5BC59.jpeg
    296EDAE9-C32F-4B0B-BCD4-454C5AC5BC59.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: g-7

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
You could consider my method. Doesn't involve messing around with albums and hiding things individually. Separate external drive, folder for each girl, drive password protected. Job done.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
If anyone is still trying to find a solution, I would look into creating a separate library with the old gf pictures. Then you won't see the pictures at all unless you specifically open the non-default library. There are even apps to help you set this up. I use one called PowerPhotos.

Once this is set up, when you look in your Pictures directory you will see a file called Photos Library and another with whatever name you give the second library. I think only pictures from the default library would get synced to your phone.

Reactions: g-7

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
There are Apple instructions here on how to create a hidden album which you can access from the phone or mac
There are also apps that will do this for you although I haven't tested them. There's one I know looks like a calculator and you tap a code on it to unlock the hidden pics. I'm sure a search will give you that info if you want to go down that route.

I do get it. It's no different really from pictures of your male friends from earlier in your life and as you say, they are part of your life and part of your memories and there's no reason they should mean anything more than that.

I advise you to be a bit careful though because if your other half discovers you've hidden photos it'll look way more suspicious and get you into far more trouble.

I'd be more tempted to go down the tried and tested bureaucracy route: put them in a wrongly labelled folder and hide them in a load of junk.
Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.