Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolarSailer120

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2022
Today I returned my M2 15" Air so that I can order a replacement M1 or M2 14" Pro instead. I paid with three gift cards (the lowest being about 75 bucks withdrawn, 180 bucks left on card). After the return, the two biggest gift cards were refunded in full quickly, but the last one has not been refunded because it's now inactive...

After purchasing the Air, I had (foolishly) added the remaining $180 gift card to my Apple account balance. So, I am now unable to use the inactive gift card I spent $75 from, and my Apple account is missing that ~$75 balance (only shows the 180). I was on the phone with Apple for like an hour earlier and they say the 75 should be credited to my Apple balance.

Does anyone have knowledge of, or experience with, a situation like this? It's strange to me that my cancelled Applecare refunded to the balance immediately, as did the bigger gift cards to their respective balances, but this last card/balance has not showed up. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Today Apple sent three new email gift codes as replacements (and zeroed the old ones). Just in case anyone finds themselves in this situation, I hope my post is useful

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.