Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meaty

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
I don’t understand why anyone would buy this version of the Apple Pencil

pksv

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2024
Is this Airpods Pro situation once again, when they made and worse before APP2 launch to show how improved it is? 😉🫣

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
One model of Apple Pencil should exist only, should charge magnetically, and should be supported on iPad mini, iPad and iPad Pro. iPad Air should be renamed as “iPad” and iPad 9 should be education bulk buy only. No other iPad or Pencil should exist, and iPad Pro should gain SDXC and MagSafe 3 IO, in addition to its Thunderbolt 4.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Apple does not have an established procedure for updating Apple Pencil hardware, but in the case of the USB-C Apple Pencil, connecting it to an iPad with a USB-C cable and powering on the iPad should be enough to spur the update to download.
Why the heck doesn't Apple have an established procedure for updating procedure for Apple Pencils and AirPods? Why not have something like the Apple Watch app that lets you update them?

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
One model of Apple Pencil should exist only, should charge magnetically, and should be supported on iPad mini, iPad and iPad Pro. iPad Air should be renamed as “iPad” and iPad 9 should be education bulk buy only. No other iPad or Pencil should exist, and iPad Pro should gain SDXC and MagSafe 3 IO, in addition to its Thunderbolt 4.
I'm sure I'm in a very small niche minority here, but would love a MacBook (Pro) and iMac to have Apple Pencil capability, at least as an add on. Would really help the creative sector. Just my 2¢

As for SDXC, I'd like that, too, but won't happen. That would only make customers buy smaller internal storage from Apple, and then buy cheap SDXC cards from other companies. This would hurt Apple's margins, so won't happen.

dozoy

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2024
Not sure why it's so important that Apple does so. Do you have 3 different generations of iPads all sharing 1 Apple Pencil for some reason?
You should consider working for Apple. Sounds like you share the same sentiment of wanting to wrench as much money out of people as possible.

DaPhox

Suspended
Oct 23, 2019
You should consider working for Apple. Sounds like you share the same sentiment of wanting to wrench as much money out of people as possible.
You should stay at home receiving universal basic income.

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
"Apple does not offer release notes for ‌Apple Pencil‌ software releases.", why so top secret?
Very annoying.
"Minor performance fixes and general improvements"... pretty much my copy/paste for most releases

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.