Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
iOS beta program usually ends about a month before the new iPhone release/GM release. With that being September 9th, no more betas are expected.

OS X Yosemite, however, won't be released until at least October, meaning the Developer Preview program goes on a bit longer than the iOS beta program. This is normal.

These guys are so far away from calling this anywhere near GM. I have so many quirky bugs on my 5S

blacktape242

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I am a public bata user and haven't been able to upgrade since the 1st one.

This bring the whole "I have no idea what I'm doing" to a new light~!

:eek:

Ajarn

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
... there is a Beta 6 Xcode. I'm downloading it right now. No Beta 6 iOS images though yet.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
These guys are so far away from calling this anywhere near GM. I have so many quirky bugs on my 5S

Apple's internal builds are miles ahead of what they release to developers. iOS 8 is likely completed or near completed, with the final touches being added over the next few weeks.

The last build we received, on August 4th, was likely already 2-3 weeks behind at the time.

This happens every year - Apple stops releasing betas to developers, and focuses on their internal betas up until the release of the GM.

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
It is very interesting that an iOS Beta 6 did not go live at the same time.
No it isn't. iOS betas cannot be released this close to new hardware because Apple needs time to integrate secret features into the OS. No further iOS betas until the ninth.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I am a public bata user and haven't been able to upgrade since the 1st one.

This bring the whole "I have no idea what I'm doing" to a new light~!

:eek:

There is only one Public Beta so far. If and when a second one is released, you'll be able to update. Until then, you can't switch to the Developer Preview cycle unless you are a developer.

AEdouard

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2014
Montreal
Hope we'll get a new beta for the public beta seed program soon. Slightly unstable in some places, but I knew what I was getting into.

cocky jeremy

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008
There is only one Public Beta so far. If and when a second one is released, you'll be able to update. Until then, you can't switch to the Developer Preview cycle unless you are a developer.

I don't know about "can't." ;)

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
iOS beta program usually ends about a month before the new iPhone release/GM release. With that being September 9th, no more betas are expected.

OS X Yosemite, however, won't be released until at least October, meaning the Developer Preview program goes on a bit longer than the iOS beta program. This is normal.

Oh God, I hope you're wrong... there's no way I can port my iOS7 app to iOS8 with so many fundamental APIs broken...

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Tell me about it. And I'm experiencing a lot of freezes where the whole phone stops responding.

I don't have that thankfully. I do have some unresponsive/lag/stutter a lot though, seems some what slower compared to 7.1.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.