Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
So living in Florida it only applies up to $750 in computer purchases. I don't think this is worth it since Apple doesn't have a computer at that price point.

For me it's worth it. It's like getting an additional $45 off. As a student, I'm getting $100 educational discount, plus $100 iTunes Store gift card, plus $45 off in tax savings.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
The 4th definition of holiday in the Merriam-Webster dictionary: "a period of exemption or relief"

Ah, I see.

I'll be right back, I'm going to a bathroom holiday. :p

----------

So living in Florida it only applies up to $750 in computer purchases. I don't think this is worth it since Apple doesn't have a computer at that price point.

Has the Mac mini been discontinued? :confused:

----------

Dead link.

deadlink.png

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
I HATE sales tax when buying big items like a $2000 MacBook. If it was reasonable like maybe $50 in sales tax for a $2000 item, okay, but having to come up with enough extra dough that I could have bought extra SSD space on the BTO store with almost $200 in taxes is bogus.

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Here in Florida at least, Best Buy has a $399 sale on the iPad Air, plus no sales tax, plus free shipping or can pick it up at the store, so $399 out the door for an Air. That was pretty tempting. Plus it qualifies for 12 months interest free on the Best Buy credit cards for items $399 and over. If I didn't want the new one in a couple of months I would have gotten that. I would kick myself for buying the 2013 model just weeks before the new ones though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.