Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Been missing for a while now. Here’s a story from 2016 about Apple not Tweeting on the main account.

Apple Support feed is still active, guessing the others as well, so no real new news here imo.

EDIT: Macrumors story about same, implying that the Apple account has pretty much been inert since it was created.

Last edited:

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Wonder how long before they return.
I'm sure they'll return after Twitter fixes it so that people can't pay $8 to impersonate companies/celebrities. Several companies saw their stocks tanked as a result of imposters with the $8 check mark tweet the Onion worth stuff.

Eli Lilly--a price gouging Big Pharma--lost billions overnight due to an imposter tweet. Can you imagine the chaos someone could cause by claiming they're Apple?

Apple using their old "@Apple" account is a smart move. It's easy for folks to see any other supposed Apple Twitter account would be fake.

Guppy Guy

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
Baltimore, MD
I personally respect and appreciate that Apple has decided to terminate their ties to twitter as their new head tyrant shows his flagrant disregard for normal & decent interaction with others… I’ll leave it at that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.