Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bttrdg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2020
London, United Kingdom
I sent my Space Grey AirPods Max to Apple for repair after experiencing issues with battery life. Five days later they shipped them back to me, however the pair I received in the post were not mine. This was fairly obvious from the start because they were Sky Blue, not Space Grey.

If you’ve ever sent AirPods Max in for repair yourself, you’ll be aware that Apple ask that you send only the headset and not the ear cushions or case. So it was also obvious that the pair I had received were somebody else’s — I checked the serial number too which confirmed this.

After speaking with three Senior Advisors, two Customer Relations and an Executive Relations liaison, I was asked to send the pair I received back to Apple who would then send out a new pair to me.

I am still waiting for the new pair and have been without my own for three weeks now. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Or just so happen to be the owner of the Sky Blue AirPods that I received?

I must say I’m rather disappointed with Apple Support. It’s not okay to abandon a customer without their product for three weeks. I had to email a member of Apple Exec to get close to any kind of resolution.

Attachments

• AB6AC7D9-B8FF-4293-B8CD-036E5C22D5EB.jpeg
    AB6AC7D9-B8FF-4293-B8CD-036E5C22D5EB.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 123

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I sent my Space Grey AirPods Max to Apple for repair after experiencing issues with battery life. Five days later they shipped them back to me, however the pair I received in the post were not mine. This was fairly obvious from the start because they were Sky Blue, not Space Grey.

If you’ve ever sent AirPods Max in for repair yourself, you’ll be aware that Apple ask that you send only the headset and not the ear cushions or case. So it was also obvious that the pair I had received were somebody else’s — I checked the serial number too which confirmed this.

After speaking with three Senior Advisors, two Customer Relations and an Executive Relations liaison, I was asked to send the pair I received back to Apple who would then send out a new pair to me.

I am still waiting for the new pair and have been without my own for three weeks now. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Or just so happen to be the owner of the Sky Blue AirPods that I received?

I must say I’m rather disappointed with Apple Support. It’s not okay to abandon a customer without their product for three weeks. I had to email a member of Apple Exec to get close to any kind of resolution.
I'm wondering why Apple did they not offer to send a new pair right away, perhaps with a credit card back up in case you failed to send the "wrong" pair of headphones back. I think that is the least they could have done.

I wonder if someone out there got your original pair?

I'd hate being without my headphones for so long! I have a couple of BT backups, but none as much as I like the AirPods Max!

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I have a Beats Flex and Jaybirds X3 as backups for my BFP. I like leaving a backup in my gym bag in case I forget the BFP or it somehow isn’t charged.

I’d have a tough time being without my music and podcasts in the gym.

Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.