Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
Apple repair program regarding sound issues in phone calls. Does this repair program only apply to this sound issue?

I do not have any issues with the sound during calls, but experience problems that the sound volume could be increased and decreased by itself in games.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Apple repair program regarding sound issues in phone calls. Does this repair program only apply to this sound issue?

I do not have any issues with the sound during calls, but experience problems that the sound volume could be increased and decreased by itself in games.
Here is the link for Apple's repair program description for Sweden so you can get the details:

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
Here is the link for Apple's repair program description for Sweden so you can get the details:

"iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max models are not part of this program" so it seems that my iPhone 12 Pro Max is not affected to this program. Could my sound issues in games be related to bugs in the iOS?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
"iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max models are not part of this program" so it seems that my iPhone 12 Pro Max is not affected to this program. Could my sound issues in games be related to bugs in the iOS?
On my iPad Air 4, I have a sound issue in a game that behaves like you are describing. It's normal for a while and then decreases to almost nothing, and then about a minute later increases to normal again. It might happen once in an hour, but it's not consistent. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It only happens in one game though. I contacted the developer and they are aware of the issue.

That's an option for you too unless it's happening consistently in all of the games you play on your phone. Other than that, you could try some of the reset steps (Settings > General > Reset), or perhaps take it to an Apple Store to have them look at it. It should still be under warranty.

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
I have a question regarding the sound issue with the iPhone 12. What are the exact symptoms? I have an iPhone 12 Pro and lately have been making and answering calls where I can hear the other person ok but they can't hear me. This has been happening fairly regularly, lately. Would the be related to the problems that Apple is addressing or is there something else going on? Thanks for any advice.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Anyone having this on iPhone 13? My wife said it's happened on her new (since Friday) iPhone - will try a reset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.