Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Yep, us English are completely ignorant and continue to live in the past, still savouring our victories over the German Empire and then Nazism, and thus rescuing Europe twice. We (us English) all yearn for the time again, where Britannia rules the waves and the world... ??????
Yes, pretty much true. "We" (the UK), only won the war with the help of the US, the Russians, and the massive empire we used to have (largely ill-gotten), and no longer do. But it's often seen as Britain, with some help from the US.

The great all-powerful Britain is a country that disappeared long ago and now its spectre haunts us via dumb nationalism and an overblown ego. We have great things to be proud of in the past and should remember our history clearly and wisely, not try to live off smugness of wars fought before we were born due to growing up with Action Man and Commando comics. If we don't use our knowledge of history wisely and carefully it'll ruin us. Talk to the veterans of these wars and they'll agree.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
so only the rich or "euro turks" - how my friends relatives call him (living in Germany) - will be available to afford anything since their salary certainly didn't get adjusted
The truest comment here and scary reality from a currency devaluation. Same thing happened in Japan and we all laugh at the ridiculously over priced products.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
At least you have the guts to say it like it is haha
It puzzles me how people who suffered through 2020 with 45 doing making no effort to help with the pandemic and left us with a crazy number of people out of work is hating on the man who is actually getting us out of it. Every metric except inflation which is expected when you have a supply shortage and is not localized to the US,is much better than 45 left it and unemployment is nearly back to pre-pandemic levels. The stock market is higher that it ever was with Trump, so there is nothing to brag about. Its mostly likely that supporters don’t get this information because the stations they frequently watch don’t report these facts because it doesn’t fit their story line.

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
It puzzles me how people who suffered through 2020 with 45 doing making no effort to help with the pandemic and left us with a crazy number of people out of work is hating on the man who is actually getting us out of it. Every metric except inflation which is expected when you have a supply shortage and is not localized to the US,is much better than 45 left it and unemployment is nearly back to pre-pandemic levels. The stock market is higher that it ever was with Trump, so there is nothing to brag about. Its mostly likely that supporters don’t get this information because the stations they frequently watch don’t report these facts because it doesn’t fit their story line.

Wasn’t the ”45th President of the United States of America” last year arguing for 0% or even negative interest rate?

Morgenland

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2009
Europe
These are the same people who don't get vaccinated SO the pandemic never ends. You should not care too much about them, because they are animated by your anger. Like pests.
Many people (in current affairs about to a maximum of every 2nd) are like that, I can't change it either, otherwise this world would be designed as a paradise.
And these people don't care if something gets better, they only recognize their power in the deterioration.
And this kind of power is not connected with effort and diligence, and therefore gives these people so much pleasure.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmotionalSnow

makr

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2016
Can’t Apple just price their products in USD, that way the consumer can pay whatever the exchange rate is when the credit card pay,net goes through?
It's against to the law in some countries. You must show local currency.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2021
I don’t wish to start an argument but I believe the country I live in should get to determine its own laws and future and not be subservient/dictated to, by a ‘higher’ entity. I have the ability to vote for a new prime minister, should the one in power not do as he said he would do before being elected (whether everyone else agrees is another matter). I’m not sure the same can be said about certain European officials and the directives that are handed down.
I agree. Free like Belarus. I voted for Lukashenko and he won. It's proof of democracy. Now Belarus is helping those poor refugees that Poland and Germany and other EU countries keep torturing.

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Hopefully the article’s author and most readers know that the periods in those prices (“iPhone 13 mini now starts at 13.999 TL, up from 10.999 TL”) represent thousands and not decimal points.
Knowing the recent history maybe Erdogan may feel it necessary to again introduce a new “yeni” lira.

Reactions: red elma

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
Exactly. That’s the GOP (I used to be a member!) in a nutshell for you. GOP President drives the country off a cliff, then they blame the democrat who inevitably gets elected to clean up the mess. Same happened with Obama after W eased banking/trade laws, which prompted the collapse in the early 2000s.

Not that the democrats are perfect, don’t get me wrong. But the GOP has turned into a bunch of fascistic toddlers. Real tragedy.

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
Maybe this is why 9/11 was desperately needed to save the economy in the early 2000s?
“9/11 was desperately needed…”

Wow. Nothing to refute my comment that the GOP is turning into fascists like stating 9/11 was a “desperately needed” thing.

The party of Lincoln really is dead.

Glad we have the ignore feature here on MR.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia

Wow. Nothing to refute my comment that the GOP is turning into fascists like stating 9/11 was a “desperately needed” thing.

This is just meaningless blubbering and emotions.

Hopefully democrats will de-classify 9/11 documents.

Philip_S

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2020
Turkey is fighting inflation caused by an exploding money supply by lowering interest rates so that even more money will be borrowed and created. This is why The Onion isn't popular anymore - it's hard for a satirical news outlet to compete with the absurdity of modern reality.

That could work if other restrictions limited the money supply, though AFAIK erdogan hasn’t imposed such restrictions. It would also tend to transfer wealth upwards

I read that as him being a “9/11 was an inside job” guy, suggesting that W did it to keep the economy going, rather than him endorsing it as good policy.

Skewlovevism

Suspended
Aug 2, 2021
Japan
I don’t wish to start an argument but I believe the country I live in should get to determine its own laws and future and not be subservient/dictated to, by a ‘higher’ entity. I have the ability to vote for a new prime minister, should the one in power not do as he said he would do before being elected (whether everyone else agrees is another matter). I’m not sure the same can be said about certain European officials and the directives that are handed down.
In my opinion, the YES MINISTER and YES PRIME MINISTER series, even though quite old, should be a mandatory reading (or watching). It tells you everything, you need to know about politics.
Whom didn’t see yet, it is a must. And, absolutely not limited to Britain.

Reactions: avz

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Exactly. That’s the GOP (I used to be a member!) in a nutshell for you. GOP President drives the country off a cliff, then they blame the democrat who inevitably gets elected to clean up the mess. Same happened with Obama after W eased banking/trade laws, which prompted the collapse in the early 2000s.

Not that the democrats are perfect, don’t get me wrong. But the GOP has turned into a bunch of fascistic toddlers. Real tragedy.
Exa how did 45 drive us off a cliff? Was it the energy independence? Record employment? Ability to purchase a new car right off the dealer’s lot? Shelves full of product? From day 1 46’s policies have been the exact opposite of 45’s. Every condition now is a direct result of those policies.

GOP is turning in to fascists? Please give some examples. I heard this over 45’s but the only “forced mandates” are coming from 46. Hundreds of thousands of Americans are now unemployed from mandates 46 said he would never implement when he was running for the presidency.

This is just meaningless blubbering and emotions.

Hopefully democrats will de-classify 9/11 documents.
? Sandy Berger is going to need to make a few more trips to the archives before that ever happens. Jamie Gorelick’s Wall (built to protect Clinton) is the major contributor to the information breakdown. Can‘t help stop what you don’t know about.

Reactions: avz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.