Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smok573

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2021
Hi everyone.

i got an iPhone 11 as a Christmas present but I decided to return it to Apple for a gift card to get the 13 mini.

When I created the shipping label, I included the iPhone and an adaptor (both were bought with the same order number since the 11’s don’t come with adaptors). I initially lost the shipping label somehow and I got in touch with apple support to create a new label for just the iPhone after I realised I’ll mostly likely need the adaptor for the 13.

later, I found the previous shipping label and sent off the iPhone with it (silly me).

it got delivered by fedex to apply on 27/12/21 and I haven’t received the gift card yet.

I contacted apply support and was told a refund has been processed for the adaptor. BUT I did not send the adaptor but the IPHONE alone… how can they refund an item that’s not there? On the tracking, the return shipping label I used only shows the adapter while there’s another return request that says “I should send the iPhone before 4th Jan even though I already did”.. So I requested to create an investigation with the shipping team to find the iPhone but so far, not a feedback. I keep being asking to hold on and I leave the US next week. If I don’t get the gift card soon, I won’t be able to use it anymore.

Im so gutted, don’t know what else to do: any advise?

Sorry if my post is confusing
0FBC6B26-3BF5-4A83-A2E7-1DA22DB89ADB.png
DF52E876-C6CC-4A62-BF2C-A77038F1FC32.png

HalfFullmoon

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2021
You should try to return big ticket items back to the store if it is not that much if a hassle. Much more peace of mind this way.

Don’t worry. Hang in there and keep pushing them to find your phone.

Reactions: Smok573
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.