Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Hear me out. I know this is hard to get your head around, but what if Apple had enough people to work on both at the same time?

Far-fetched, I know, to imagine this little mom-and-pop outfit actually having separate teams working on different products simultaneously.
Yeah, by your logic Siri should be miles ahead of where it is. And 10 year old bugs in macOS should be long fixed. Truth is, Apple has priorities and some of their goals as a company are taken more or less seriously than others. The areas which Apple has neglected are becoming increasingly glaringly obvious.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
I’m a lapsed 5x Ironman, swimrunner, open water swimmer, ultra runner and indoor rower. Yes, the metrics matter to me because I have to balance that stuff with being a parent, husband and to do my job. They help me predict when I will need to take some time out, let me know if what I’m eating is working for me, and recently they’ve been essential in helping me improve my sleep quality.
Then you of all people should own a garmin.

I’m a bit suspect. I am a former triathlete … whats your strava handle?

• Haha
Reactions: Victor Mortimer

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
Adding up this:

Smart ring, not finger-worn... yeah, could be exciting.

A cock ring? Huh. I might actually consider that.

I HATE HATE HATE having rings on my fingers. Can't do it, not an option. But... you've gotta assume a smart ring would vibrate, among other things.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008

Not sure about that guy, but I do in fact own a Garmin - lol

If one is mainly looking for a "Fitness/Health first" experience and the smart watch stuff is secondary (if desired at all), Garmins are superior. They have fleshed out a great ecosystem of metrics and features, all included out of the box, with no other Apps or subscriptions or anything else required.

They also mostly torch Apple on battery life (exactly how much depends upon which model and feature set)

The product I wish Apple would make, that would get me interested, is a Fitness band with no screen at all and all interactions done on the phone (for max simplicity and max battery life).

Apple watches are "too much" and require too much charging for my interests. I don't really want to "do anything" on my watch, even my Garmin (beyond simple timers/time checking, starting an activity, etc). I want the metrics and tracking and to do most everything on the App.

Harry Haller

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2023
Oh, so headset is yesterday's news already, now we are onto the next thing: the ring!

(After that? Apple Necklace? Hat?)

I'd go with the iHat except it's to close to iHate.

iHat.jpg

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
Not sure about that guy, but I do in fact own a Garmin - lol

If one is mainly looking for a "Fitness/Health first" experience and the smart watch stuff is secondary (if desired at all), Garmins are superior. They have fleshed out a great ecosystem of metrics and features, all included out of the box, with no other Apps or subscriptions or anything else required.

They also mostly torch Apple on battery life (exactly how much depends upon which model and feature set)

The product I wish Apple would make, that would get me interested, is a Fitness band with no screen at all and all interactions done on the phone (for max simplicity and max battery life).

Apple watches are "too much" and require too much charging for my interests. I don't really want to "do anything" on my watch, even my Garmin (beyond simple timers/time checking, starting an activity, etc). I want the metrics and tracking and to do most everything on the App.

Not me, there's no way I'd have put up with something on my wrist if it didn't have a screen. I actually wish I could turn off the fitness data, it's distracting. But I like being able to look at my wrist and seeing the weather, seeing who's calling me, being able to answer my wrist if I want, and of course having a calculator. I wish I didn't have to waste a widget to get the seconds display, it's really frustrating that the only face that shows the seconds is infested with fitness crap. Oh, and the seconds widget is 3rd party, I had to download something just to get the complete time on a face without those stupid rings.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Not me, there's no way I'd have put up with something on my wrist if it didn't have a screen.

All good! Different strokes and different folks!

I actually really loved it back when I had a Nike Fuel Band around 2011 or so

For me, the only reason I wear a wrist "anything" is for the fitness tracking and data, so we are just on totally opposite sides of needs/desires here.

It's been literally life changing for me (massive health and weight improvements with metrics and activity tracking), so I'm pretty biased on this topic.

Reactions: titomakani

titomakani

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2024
Not me, there's no way I'd have put up with something on my wrist if it didn't have a screen. I actually wish I could turn off the fitness data, it's distracting. But I like being able to look at my wrist and seeing the weather, seeing who's calling me, being able to answer my wrist if I want, and of course having a calculator. I wish I didn't have to waste a widget to get the seconds display, it's really frustrating that the only face that shows the seconds is infested with fitness crap. Oh, and the seconds widget is 3rd party, I had to download something just to get the complete time on a face without those stupid rings.

The weather is more stupid than the rings

constantsnags!

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Aotearoa

I’m a bit suspect. I am a former triathlete … whats your strava handle?
I do. I've got a Fenix 7XSS as well. I don't like wearing that to bed either, although it's more comfortable than my AWU2. And no, my Strava is none of your business.

sledgehammer89

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
Another feature: scratching (if my fingers lay on the palmrest of my MacBook and move ithem a bit). Same happens on different watch bands... ;)

Tim Apple will tell us: One more ... ring :D

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
I do. I've got a Fenix 7XSS as well. I don't like wearing that to bed either, although it's more comfortable than my AWU2. And no, my Strava is none of your business.
Why I never!

So data is important to you but you don’t want the sleep data for recovery?

🤔 suspicious

Okay what’s your Ironman finish time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.