Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
They’ve been fighting hard with nagging screens, and finally they managed to fool me and this time I pushed the accept button instead of the cancel one (I don’t know if they changed the left/right position of the buttons, but they fooled me).

Then, they didn’t ask for a confirmation. I got the button wrong and the iOS update started without asking for a confirmation. This turned my iPhone non-operational for about 20 minutes, which I consider an insult and a really dirty (really dirty, Apple) practice: Imagine I had to do an important call during those 20 minutes: Shouldn’t you ask me to confirm if I can afford to upgrade in this moment? What if I had to do a business call and I misinterpreted your dirty (excrement-dirty) nagging screen?

They robbed my iPhone. Now it’s iOS 11. Very valuable apps and games don’t work anymore (and they had important files on them)

Apple, what you did to me tonight falls in the phishing practices category: I’ve said NO dozens of times to the nagging screen. Finally you fooled me to click the button you wanted. My iPhone belongs to you. What do you want next. My car? My house? My bank account? What’s up with you Apple, why are you the dirtiest company on Earth today?

I was hoping for a 14inch MacBook or for the future modular Mac Pro, but I’m so upset that I think I’m not going to buy any other product from you anymore. This is not what I thought of you, Apple. Enough is enough.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Oh, sure, a nagging screen twice a week (yes, recently it rose to twice a week) in which a mistake doesn’t ask for a confirmation is not robbing. And how on Earth is not robbing if they stole iOS10 without my consent, and they would kept trying forever until I upgrade?
The best thing you can do now is to delete that incoherent, emotional hyperbole opening post, and pray that people will forget it.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
You probably should have taken more time to actually press the correct button or gone to a different OS arhat doesn’t have regular updates. The constant reminders to update are not new with this version of iOS.
The nagging screen appeared when I had to open an app while traveling on the subway. Of course it could have been worse: I could have been in a car crash and the nagging screen could have appeared when I needed to call emergency, driving the iPhone non-operational for 20 minutes. Is this serious? Really?
[doublepost=1511654361][/doublepost]
The best thing you can do now is to delete that incoherent, emotional hyperbole opening post, and pray that people will forget it.
Why would I want to delete it or that people forgets it? I think the best thing I can do is to call Apple and explain them how they lost a client today. And no, you got me wrong if you thought I’ll switch to Android. I’d never use Android, sorry.

Reactions: dakwar

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
The nagging screen appeared when I had to open an app while traveling on the subway. Of course it could have been worse: I could have been in a car crash and the nagging screen could have appeared when I needed to call emergency, driving the iPhone non-operational for 20 minutes. Is this serious? Really?
[doublepost=1511654361][/doublepost]
Why would I want to delete it or that people forgets it? I think the best thing I can do is to call Apple and explain them how they lost a client today. And no, you got me wrong if you thought I’ll switch to Android. I’d never use Android, sorry.
First of all, if you're in a car wreck you should count your lucky stars if you're conscious, able to get a hold of your phone, and your phone still works. So the likelihood of all three of those things happening on top of being unlucky enough to have an update notification and accidentally hitting the wrong button is very slim.

And if you're not going to switch to Android, you're out of options. Accept either the updates, or the nagging notifications that you only get if you refuse them. Other than that, just deal with it.

Reactions: MUDCRABS

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009

What iPhone is it?
  • How many paid apps do you have?
  • How many movies or songs purchased through iTunes?
  • how many and what Apple services do you pay for?

asiga

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Obviously, is not Apple the only one who has changed. Their long-time users already left Apple. Well, I’ll call Apple, as I said, as the only thing I can expect here is comments from a new user base that has nothing in common with me.

Reactions: dakwar

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Obviously, is not Apple the only one who has changed. Their long-time users already left Apple. Well, I’ll call Apple, as I said, as the only thing I can expect here is comments from a new user base that has nothing in common with me.

I have been using Apple products since the mid 1980s... I used Apple IIs in school and I had a II at home... granted I have only been using an iPhone since the 3Gs but I do have every model including the Original and iPhone 3G....

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia

A user base that doesn’t keep important documents in old 32bit apps abandoned by their developers?

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Wow! Some harsh responses here! I have been getting the nag screen twice a week as well and, while it's not life and death, it does suck to have to deal with it with no way of turning it off. Or is there a way of doing so? I'm careful to hit the "later" button each time but would be pretty miffed if I too accidentally updated. Happily on 10.3.2 now.

Sorry to hear about the accidental update, OP but now there's nothing you can do but move on and live with 11.x.x.

Or head to EBay or Swappa and buy a phone still on 10.x.x?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
nah im just messing with you, but I agree apples use with the update is awful. you gotta go through hoops not to update

Reactions: Applejuiced

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
Meh.. I’ve seen phones update automatically over night. Happened to a coworker. He didn’t accidentally click a button, didn’t get a nagging message etc. it updated on its own overnight according to him.
Don’t stand in the way of progress. Update your phone or switch to android.

Reactions: SwiftcastFlare

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Meh.. I’ve seen phones update automatically over night. Happened to a coworker. He didn’t accidentally click a button, didn’t get a nagging message etc. it updated on its own overnight according to him.
Don’t stand in the way of progress. Update your phone or switch to android.
"According to him" is usually what's at the heart of those type of anecdotal stories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.