Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Jobs

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2021
bought an iPhone 15+ from a Nationwide Authorised Apple Retailer as could have it delivered to my house within an hour, would have purchased direct from Apple Australia but they had a 3 week wait time for 15+ models>

upon setting up the phone I saw that there was no 7 day complimentary AppleCare+ as usual on my new Apple device???

called Apple support who kept me on the phone for 1/2 an hour and finally worked out that:

YOU ONLY GET 7 DAY COMPLIMENTARY APPLECARE+ ON DEVICES PURCHASED DIRECT FROM APPLE AUSTRALIA

you buy the same new product from an Authorised Apple Retailer and you get NOTHING!!!!!

NICE

thanks Apple!

you cheap __stards !!!

• Haha
Reactions: TruthWatcher412

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
Apple and an authorized retailer aren't the same. It's like Apple Store vs Best Buy here in the states.

Big Jobs

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2021
Apple and an authorized retailer aren't the same. It's like Apple Store vs Best Buy here in the states.
what it is, is apple giving you extras if YOU ONLY BUY FROM THEM - it's the same product you are buying from either an Authorised Apple Retailer or Apple Australia apart from this ploy by apple to push more sales their way - its kind of slimy and grubby but it's what you get when you let a beancounter run a company.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.