Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MastersoftMobile

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2022
I'm a small time developer. I pay to be in the App Store. It's a store and there is a search bar. I changed my free app to paid (long story) and it was no longer searchable unless the exact name was put in. Previously it was searchable everywhere.

So ... Apple says typing "Sudoku" in the search and not seeing "Sudoku Plus" in the list of results is normal. Even if the list is 500 long or 10,000 long. Scroll to the end and you will not see it. Is this fair? I get to see Jigsaws and brain games etc but an app with a matching name in the title? Nope. That's not how it works. I find this bizarre.

Any thoughts?

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

MastersoftMobile

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2022
Agreed, it is counterintuitive and bizarre.
Apple Engineering (ticket 89932928) came back and said it is normal behaviour. So, how many devs are shifting zero apps because Apple would rather show the person searching something completely different.

If I ask for an ice cream I don't expect to get a sandwich :)

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Apple Engineering (ticket 89932928) came back and said it is normal behaviour. So, how many devs are shifting zero apps because Apple would rather show the person searching something completely different.

If I ask for an ice cream I don't expect to get a sandwich :)
Did you also ask for an explanation, how it's "normal behavior"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.