Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WindowsXPuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2020
I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a byproduct of less testing being done on smaller phones, but hear me out: the first-generation iPhone SE is harder to type on than the iPhone 5S and 5. I've noticed this and so have friends and family.

I own a couple variants of the 5S, all on iOS 12. They are easy to type on. The 5 on iOS 10 is even easier. I'm more accurate on the 5 on iOS 10 than I am on my second-generation iPhone SE on iOS 15, and I'm just as accurate on the 5S on iOS 12 as the second-generation SE on iOS 15. But my first-generation SE? It's incredibly hard to type on. I am constantly making mistakes, and I often find myself having to retype a text three or four times. This is incredibly frustrating if I'm trying to reply to something right away when I wake up, because accuracy is a bit worse then. This issue does not exist on the 5S or 5. The keyboards look to be the same size between all three devices and all three iOS versions. I own multiple first-get SE variants, so I know it's not a problem with my screen. Something must've changed. What do you think it is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.